Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU in a BCS bowl game and a slight of Texas Football..

Error Page

Jeremy from Donalsonville, Ga., writes: Should FAU pull the upset at Texas, is taking care of business and a Thursday nite hosting of Troy the only thing between the Owls and a BCS game? If so, can FAU sneak their way into the BCS title game, or will voters keep that out of reach?

Graham Watson: Obviously, there are some non-BCS darlings out there – BYU, Fresno State – but Florida Atlantic has the schedule to make things interesting. Michigan State is no slouch and Minnesota is looking for revenge from last year. FAU is up there in terms of scheduling, so yes, I think it would have a legit chance to be in a BCS bowl if undefeated. The thing that would hold it back would be if BYU, Fresno State, Tulsa or East Carolina were also undefeated. Those teams would get the nod over FAU just because voters are more familiar with them and those teams also play difficult schedules. I'm not even convinced Texas will be ranked in the top 20 when the season ends.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Re: FAU in a BCS bowl game and a slight of Texas Football..

FAU in a BCS bowl game and a slight of Texas Football..

Doesn't matter where Texas is ranked because the computers only use the ranking at the time when you play them. Humans can alter that though.

I just hope we can keep it a game. I'll be impressed if we can keep it as close as Arkansas State or UCF did.

I just have zero confidence in our defense. I don't know if they got any better than last year. The loss of Givens really hurt too. that guy was a monster and thought he was going to have a huge year.

As great as Polo season looked last year with all those interceptions the corners and saftey's couldn't stop Memphis at all. Every play was going for ten yards. I don't know if the d-line is that improved to put the pressure on the qb. They need to hold this team to under 35 points. Anything under 35 will have a shot.
Back to the top
Control functions: