Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Great piece in SA Expresss News

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Re: Great piece in SA Expresss News

Great piece in SA Expresss News

Good article.

Here is the thing, if Texas wins it won't or shouldn't be a big deal. The author makes it sound like a Texas victory would be something big. I don't agree with that at all. If Texas loses it will be huge. If they win, no big deal. They are supposed to win.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Good article.

Here is the thing, if Texas wins it won't or shouldn't be a big deal. The author makes it sound like a Texas victory would be something big. I don't agree with that at all. If Texas loses it will be huge. If they win, no big deal. They are supposed to win.

GO OWLS!!!

After growing up a Hurricanes fan, and now living in Texas for a year, I think both fan bases (and writers) have this mindset: Any win is a big win because of our conference.

One Texas slip, and Oklahoma can run away with Big 12 Title.

So yes, you are right that the pressure is on the Longhorns to win. But a win here means they start off on the right foot, thus making this game a "big game."

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

owlfan1 said

Good article.

GO OWLS!!!

After growing up a Hurricanes fan, and now living in Texas for a year, I think both fan bases (and writers) have this mindset: Any win is a big win because of our conference.

One Texas slip, and Oklahoma can run away with Big 12 Title.

So yes, you are right that the pressure is on the Longhorns to win. But a win here means they start off on the right foot, thus making this game a "big game."

I agree with that perspective on things. I also think that it says something about the respect people have for FAU. We are no longer lumped in there with those teams that take a beating for a paycheck. It is nice to see FAU being recognized as a threat.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: