Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UCF to host bowl game in 2009?

Add topic

All signs point to "Yes".  Which other conference involved is yet to be seen, but we'll see.  Great asset for UCF….
Back to the top

Re: UCF to host bowl game in 2009?

UCF to host bowl game in 2009?

UCFKnight85 said

All signs point to "Yes".  Which other conference involved is yet to be seen, but we'll see.  Great asset for UCF….

Do you have any articles? I'd like to read about it.
Back to the top

We're all impressed, I'm sure.  Another bowl for the Metro Conference.
Back to the top

Evidence?  Since when can CUSA fill that many bowls…and who wants to go anyway?

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Will UCF be the first choice for that game or will it involve two teams from conferences other than CUSA??

If UCF gets the first shot at the game that is pretty weak.

Since CUSA has enough bowl slots it would be nice for the game to have teams from the MAC and SBC. Both conferences deserve an extra bowl tie-in.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

Evidence?  Since when can CUSA fill that many bowls…and who wants to go anyway?

How dare you try to throw a wet towel on their glee.
Back to the top

Evidence? It was reported on the Rivals UCF site by the moderator who ONLY reports credible inside stuff.  He wouldn't have written a story if it weren't true.  And, I posted it here because the other conference involved MAY be the Sun Belt.  It's too bad some of you let your Texas loss anger rub off into ridiculous posts here……

Look for a bowl game to happen in Brighthouse in 2009.
Back to the top

UCFKnight85 said

It's too bad some of you let your Texas loss anger rub off into ridiculous posts here……

All the posts I see above were written before the Texas game.

It would have been helpful to include the Sun Belt angle in your OP and placed the post in the Sun Belt forum.  I mean, if that's really what you meant.  Otherwise, it just looked like you were merely bragging about speculative UCF news, which may turn out to be nothing anyway, and certainly doesn't belong on this board if that's all it was.  I think I speak for every FAU fan when I say that if I wanted news about UCF, I'd go to a UCF site.
Back to the top

The said

UCFKnight85 said

It's too bad some of you let your Texas loss anger rub off into ridiculous posts here……

It would have been helpful to include the Sun Belt angle in your OP and placed the post in the Sun Belt forum.  I mean, if that's really what you meant.  Otherwise, it just looked like you were merely bragging about speculative UCF news, which may turn out to be nothing anyway, and certainly doesn't belong on this board if that's all it was.  I think I speak for every FAU fan when I say that if I wanted news about UCF, I'd go to a UCF site.

Sorry, you just come off as bitter though.  This is the "Open Forum" which is home to news from around the state, is it not?  A bowl game is forming in the state of Florida and will need a conference tie in along with CUSA…..that should have implied the Sun Belt may be a player right off the bat.  And, judging from the fact that FAU's rivals site is dead, I doubt many (if any) of you would have seen the story.
Back to the top

UCFKnight85 said

The said

UCFKnight85 said

Sorry, you just come off as bitter though.  This is the "Open Forum" which is home to news from around the state, is it not?  A bowl game is forming in the state of Florida and will need a conference tie in along with CUSA…..that should have implied the Sun Belt may be a player right off the bat.  And, judging from the fact that FAU's rivals site is dead, I doubt many (if any) of you would have seen the story.

Thanks for the information. This is the proper place and the type of news we DO want to read about. Pardon my cranky friend above, we have had some bad experiences with (let's just say) "overeager" UCF posters. The Texas game isn't helping anybody's mood around here either. And yes, Rivals is dead, this is the FAU board of record. 
Back to the top
Control functions: