Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

I don't understand.

I didn't think we had much of a chance against Texas.  But to lose like this?  I thought these body bag games were in the past.  I expected our guys to put up a fight and at least make it interesting but they played like they never played in front of a big crowd before.  Thankfully there is a lot of Football left.  Texas took us to the cleaners tonight and left us with the bill.
Back to the top

Re: I don't understand.

Man, this game felt like last year never happened.
Back to the top

The said

I didn't think we had much of a chance against Texas.  But to lose like this?  I thought these body bag games were in the past.  I expected our guys to put up a fight and at least make it interesting but they played like they never played in front of a big crowd before.  Thankfully there is a lot of Football left.  Texas took us to the cleaners tonight and left us with the bill.

I totally agree. I also feel like a fool for spending $30 PPV, on half a game. I thought we were going to compete the whole game,no matter what the score was, at least that's what we were told. Rusty was on the bench, and Mckoy was still out there. I'm so disappointed. I really did not expect to win, but to lay down in the third, I thought we were done with that…we still have a long way to go.
Back to the top

I don't understand.

The offense just couldn't put enough together, a bit disjointed - the killer mistakes.
Three trips in the red zones early - only 3pts & two turnovers.

Last year, we where more efficient in the red zone.

And we need to learn to stay composed & not lose our cool.

Too much hype, too much pressure being put on these players or combination of - players thinking they where better then they are?

Then again, Texas is a pretty good darn football team - Ranked #11 in the nation and good teams have a way of making teams like FAU look bad when you make mistakes.  Let's be realistic, we had to play a flawless game & we started the game turning the ball over in the red zone & Texas capitalize - that is what good team do.

Let's regroup and rebound agaisnt UAB - how we do next week will be a HUGE tell sign of what this team is made of.
Back to the top

Bytor, I wish I could be as cool about this as you.  I've never been more embarrassed for this team as I am tonight.  Finally starting to get some good press, build a fan base, and then they lay down like that.  Looks like "advanced training" continues.

But hey, we got $900K out of it, right?  How much is Michigan State paying us for our next beatdown?
Back to the top

Probably would have been less embarrassing if your team didn't talk so much shit.  Note to FAU, keep quite when you play the big dogs. Be glad you didn't play the Texas Aggies.
Back to the top

TexasAg4Life said

Probably would have been less embarrassing if your team didn't talk so much $#*t.  Note to FAU, keep quite when you play the big dogs. Be glad you didn't play the Texas Aggies.

A win against the Aggies would have been better.
Back to the top

TexasAg4Life said

Probably would have been less embarrassing if your team didn't talk so much $#*t.  Note to FAU, keep quite when you play the big dogs. Be glad you didn't play the Texas Aggies.

ummmm……Arkansas State… ???…Glad to see a fellow sun belter take out A&M.  Although i don't think the Aggies qualify as a "big dog".
Back to the top

TexasAg4Life said

It wasn't our team, it was our coach, and I don't know what the hell he was thinking.  I don't care if it's the college press or the New York Times, the students who run the paper want to be journalists, not just get some extracurricular credit.  This isn't middle school.
Back to the top

Arkie State got lucky, we ran out of time. As for you guys, I respect the fact that your program has come so far, but I'd tap the brakes when it comes to the big boys… if Boise State can make a muck, there's no reason a school in the middle of Florida can't. Chin up, boys.
Back to the top
Control functions: