Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New talk

seems like we've spent the last 8 months talking about this game with Texas.
well that didnt turn out so well.
soooo… any one want to say something about UAB???
Back to the top

Re: New talk

They aren't a physically tough team.  We'll put three hats on them, too, and they won't want to get up.  Maybe.
Back to the top

I want to put more than 10 points on them.

That is all.
Back to the top

UAB is very athletic and very quick.  They are not fundamentally sound but after this Texas game can we really say we are?

Proceed with caution.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

New talk

If our defense shows up we should win by 20+ against UAB. Rusty showed that he can move the ball and the O-line held up very well against Texas. One week from now we should be feeling a whole lot better about the prospects for this season.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

If our defense shows up we should win by 20+ against UAB. Rusty showed that he can move the ball and the O-line held up very well against Texas. One week from now we should be feeling a whole lot better about the prospects for this season.

GO OWLS!!!

What defense? The one that we don't have?

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Fledgling said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

What defense? The one that we don't have?

Note: I said if they show up. Obviously they didn't even get on the plane for the Texas game. However, we still have to remember that these guys do have talent and experience. They have the tools, they just need use them. Something that I think will prove more feasible against UAB.

I don't think we can expect a lights out performance from the defense against UAB, but hopefully we can rip off 40+ points and hold UAB to 20 or so.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Who did they play this week and what was the outcome? (too lazy to look up)... what are they ranked?
Back to the top

Boone02 said

Who did they play this week and what was the outcome? (too lazy to look up)… what are they ranked?

They played Tulsa and lost 45-22. However, UAB did have 245 yards rushing in that game. They also gave up 600+ yards in total offense to Tulsa.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

As a UT fan, I would not just judge your defense's performance based on that one game alone.  McCoy with a good O-line is a freaking surgeon.   That was the difference between his freshman and sophomore seasons, the entire o-line needed to be replaced, rebuilt, or suffered injuries.   I do not know if the O-line put it together or if your D-line fell apart.  Verdict is still out.

In spite of what ESPN tells you, and our own fans, Greg Davis is one of the top offensive coordinators in the country and has produced some prolific offenses.  You are the new kid on the block,  expect to get knocked around, but hold fast, you have the talent to recruit from down there, but you have your work cut out for you with UCF, USF, and UF exploiting the problems at FSU and Miami more and more.

Back to the top
Control functions: