Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

A Little More Love for FAU from ESPN Columnist Graham Watson

This is taken from today's blog entry on upsets:

"Florida Atlantic: Howard Schnellenberger (allegedly) had some big words for Texas, and now his team has to march into Darryl K. Royal and back up their coach's words. Will they do it? I like the Owls chances."

She is flip-flopping more than a presidential candidate. A week ago she said FAU was doomed after Schnellenberger's comments and now she has picked them as upset of the week and has more kind words.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: A Little More Love for FAU from ESPN Columnist Graham Watson

Shes "entertaining the idea of liking us"…thats all we can ask for.

wow I hope we dont go in there and lay a big ole egg and everyone goes "told you so".

WAIT. No, I will be up listening to this game at 2am tomorrow, so no, we will win…WE ARE GOING TO WIN!

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

This is taken from today's blog entry on upsets:

"Florida Atlantic: Howard Schnellenberger (allegedly) had some big words for Texas, and now his team has to march into Darryl K. Royal and back up their coach's words. Will they do it? I like the Owls chances."

She is flip-flopping more than a presidential candidate. A week ago she FAU was doomed after Schnellenberger's comments and now she has picked them as upset of the week and has more kind words.

GO OWLS!!!

If you think about it, ESPN, FOX and a few other people are saying FAU has a better chance than Longhorn fans will admit. At the very least, that's a step up in respect for us.

Hopefully that will carry over to the MSU game as well.
Back to the top

I was thinking about it today, and just the fact that we are all saying that we can win is really helping us…we never did this for any other big game before.  Howard knows that if he gets enough people, fans, media, anyone, talking about the owls and how they can win, the likelihood of actually winning increases dramatically.  If he hadnt started saying that there are no more advanced training and that we had a legit shot a this, none of us would be pulling so hard for the owls, we would just be like "well one game to pay all our scholarships isnt too bad" and moved on to more important things like winning the conference.

Emotional momentum is what Howard started and I think that we have that going into the game, ESPN and all the others pick up on this and thats why they are wondering if we might have a chance, we are getting double takes for once.

GO OWLS. STOMP TEXAS!

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Write it down…& Make it happen.
Back to the top

wow…..delusion is painful when a big serving of reality is dumped on it, isn't it ooowwlers?

your stupid bonfire where your coach almost caught fire when he exhaled near the flames…..you don't taunt the big boys..now back to your little sandbox…..it's always GREAT TO BE A TEXAS LONGHORN!!….
always SUKS TO BE YOU
Back to the top

fkadougutx said

wow…..delusion is painful when a big serving of reality is dumped on it, isn't it ooowwlers?

your stupid bonfire where your coach almost caught fire when he exhaled near the flames…..you don't taunt the big boys..now back to your little sandbox…..it's always GREAT TO BE A TEXAS LONGHORN!!….
always SUKS TO BE YOU

Bro it's a Friday night.  Please get some friends and go to a bar.  Although your probably 14.  I'm Out
Back to the top

how very typical..the loser response always goes something like "get a life" or some weakness like that…..  i'm just here to serve you the 'crow' you now need to ingest ….

and i can't help it that it hurts…..it hurts doesn't it….ALOT……ouch
Back to the top

A Little More Love for FAU from ESPN Columnist Graham Watson

fkadougutx said

how very typical..the loser response always goes something like "get a life" or some weakness like that…..  i'm just here to serve you the 'crow' you now need to ingest ….

and i can't help it that it hurts…..it hurts doesn't it….ALOT……ouch

Come back to this board after A&M takes its 3rd in a row vs. you.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: