Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Injuries & UAB

Injuries & UAB

From what I understand, you guys returned 18 or 19 starters from last years team. I know TE Jason Harmon and OL Nick Paris got injured before the game started. Were there other injuries before you guys played texas? What about after? Also, how do you think these injuries will impact the UAB game, I read that the line is FAU, -14. Any chance some of these injuries heal up before Michigan State or Troy?

Thanks guys, good luck next week!
Back to the top

Re: Injuries & UAB

TroyTrojan said

From what I understand, you guys returned 18 or 19 starters from last years team. I know TE Jason Harmon and OL Nick Paris got injured before the game started. Were there other injuries before you guys played texas? What about after? Also, how do you think these injuries will impact the UAB game, I read that the line is FAU, -14. Any chance some of these injuries heal up before Michigan State or Troy?

Thanks guys, good luck next week!

Hello Troy.

Harmon is out for the year.  The other 2 key injuries, Paris and DT St. Claire, are expected back for the Sept. 30th conference opener against MTSU, but are likely out for the remaining OOC games.  There weren't any serious injuries in the Texas game.  Everyone that played should be available Saturday for UAB.  Good luck to you guys against LSU, that will be a tough game.  See you in October!
Back to the top

IMO, and God willing, Nick will be back before MTSU…

And with all due respect to Harmon, our TE play was pretty dang good…one of the few bright spots in the game, hats of to Grant.
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

IMO, and God willing, Nick will be back before MTSU…

And with all due respect to Harmon, our TE play was pretty dang good…one of the few bright spots in the game, hats of to Grant.

Agreed.  If Grant and Housler play like they did against Texas for the rest of the year, we won't miss a beat at TE.
Back to the top

Don't worry about our team there Troy…  :P

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

I have known of your Head Coach Howard S. since I arrived on the Bama campus back in 1960. He always was responsible for a key game on the schedule each year, and I don't think we lost more than a couple of those while he was on Coach Paul Bryant's staff. He knows our new coach very well from his days at Bama. His career since then has been one of generally great accomplishments. His resurrection of a moribund Miami program that was considering playing all games on Friday night to avoid conflict with "real" college programs is the stuff of legend.

In 1972 I got my MA from an almost three year old school named UAB and when they brought in Gene Bartow from UCLA, I became a Blazer fan, hence my screen name. I celebrated the birth of the football program even though Bryant had stated that he was against UAB having ANY sports program, especially football, since he felt Metro B'ham was a Bama recruiting legacy. We have struggled with that onus ever since.

I look forward to playing a HCHS coached team because I regard him and what he has accomplished so highly. It's like having a business run by an old friend do well. I hope we win, but I will be happy for Howard if we don't. Your school is one of the luckiest in America in that you have one of its greatest coaches of all time leading your team. GO BLAZERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

Thanks....no disagreement here....

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

BAMANBLAZERFAN said

I have known of your Head Coach Howard S. since I arrived on the Bama campus back in 1960. He always was responsible for a key game on the schedule each year, and I don't think we lost more than a couple of those while he was on Coach Paul Bryant's staff. He knows our new coach very well from his days at Bama. His career since then has been one of generally great accomplishments. His resurrection of a moribund Miami program that was considering playing all games on Friday night to avoid conflict with "real" college programs is the stuff of legend.

In 1972 I got my MA from an almost three year old school named UAB and when they brought in Gene Bartow from UCLA, I became a Blazer fan, hence my screen name. I celebrated the birth of the football program even though Bryant had stated that he was against UAB having ANY sports program, especially football, since he felt Metro B'ham was a Bama recruiting legacy. We have struggled with that onus ever since.

I look forward to playing a HCHS coached team because I regard him and what he has accomplished so highly. It's like having a business run by an old friend do well. I hope we win, but I will be happy for Howard if we don't. Your school is one of the luckiest in America in that you have one of its greatest coaches of all time leading your team. GO BLAZERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome aboard and thanks for the kind words. Come Saturday throw all that out the window because it is going to be a battle.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: