Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Humbled, but not broken......

Was that a humbling defeat or what? The last time I personally felt that "there is no way we can stop them" feeling was when Lawrence Mulroney torched us for 341 yards and 8 touchdowns. (or at least that is what it felt like) I didn't have that feeling against Florida, Clemson, Kentucky, or OSU, and all those teams handled us easily. I think we swung back a little with that touchdown in the 2nd quarter. Unfortunately, that spark was doused about a minute into the 3rd, and the wheels fell off the wagon right after that.

Look, was it a major disappointment that we lost? No.
Was a major disappointment that we didn't compete? Yes, without a doubt.
Are we still dreaming of BCS games? No, but it was nice to do so even though it only lasted a couple of weeks.
Would wins at Michigan State and Minnesota erase the nightmare in Austin? I would have to say…. absolutely.

Therefore, I say we use this defeat to rally the troops. Good teams recover, but great teams recover with a vengeance. We need to show our team that have not given up on them and they can't give up on us. The best way to do that, as fans, is to show up to the UAB game in big numbers. Getting over the 12,000 mark for this game would be a good start to the recovery program.

Trust me, if we come out of September undefeated, we will have a chance to crack the top 25 when we face Troy at The Lock on ESPN.

Andy H

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Re: Humbled, but not broken......

Humbled, but not broken......

we will have to go 11 -1 to crack the top 25 i think this lostwill put a chip on our shoulders. This loss lets us know we still have a long way to go and it should only make the team work harder.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

we will have to go 11 -1 to crack the top 25 i think this lostwill put a chip on our shoulders. This loss lets us know we still have a long way to go and it should only make the team work harder.

we will NOT have any chance at top 25 after that…not possible…
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

owlcountry40 said

we will NOT have any chance at top 25 after that…not possible…

Ehhh, we don't really deserve it with our D-line's performance anyway.
Back to the top

We backed into a bowl game last year, let's just hope for a modest improvement!

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Ahh…  haiku time.

UAB is next
We're pissed off after Texas
Time to kick some ass
Back to the top

The said

UAB is next
Time to kick some ass

Well said!  8)

Or sung? ;D
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

The said

UAB is next
Time to kick some ass

Well said!  8)

Or sung? ;D

Recited perhaps?  ???

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Florida_Owl said

The said

UAB is next
Time to kick some ass

Well said!  8)

Or sung? ;D

Recited perhaps?  ???

GO OWLS!!!

Owls take the field
No "football in paradise"
Fight haiku will do
Back to the top

I don't think our top 25 dreams are over quite yet.

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: