Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

A WIN CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH

I think this is about the lowest that I have seen morale on this board. Between the Texas loss and the most recent news of FAU's "Someday Stadium" we need something to turn things around. Luckily winning makes everything better. I just hope we can pull it off against UAB or this is going to be one ugly message board next week.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: A WIN CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH

Today is my first day back on the board after the Texas debacle.  I didn't truly didn't believe we would win that game, as evidenced by my week 1 predictions, but I sure as hell thought we would show up.

I am not going to get into my breakdown, everyone has done that, I do believe that some vengeance needs to be taken out on UAB.  That defense better step up and shut them down.  I think this game is going to be fun to watch, can't wait for Saturday - GO OWLS!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Yeah, I agree.  I think a lot of expectations on this board were unrealistic.  But, as the saying goes… ""Failure is success if we learn from it."

We'll bounce back, this week might not be as pretty as we hope but we will continue to build on wins.

dusky,

You going to the game saturday? I'll try to catch up with you.  PM me

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

A WIN CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH

Hey Owls……..don't get to down. Your program has come a long way in a short time. Your's like Troys is headed in the right direction. Good luck against MSU………..make the Belt proud.  Hope you guys win all the rest but the ONE in October !!!!

Its Troy and FAU against the world. We both have up and coming programs and a lot still to prove.

My dream conference:

FAU/ TROY/ Southern Miss/ Tulane/ Central Florida/ ECU/ UAB/ Tulsa/ Houston and Middle Tenn.
Back to the top

Come on guys, it's not that bad, it was the first game, and while the hype was nice for a while, it would have been a miracle to beat texas.  I too thought we would put up a better fight than we did, but the game has come and gone, lets go beat UAB.  I think this loss may actually be good thing, it will humble the guys (not coach, though, I think that is impossible  ;D)  and makes everyone realize we still have a lot of work to do to be a real contender in a big game.

I was watching "Batman Begins" the other day, and there was one line in there that fits us right now.  When Alfred says to a young Bruce Wayne "Why do we fall,….so we learn to get back up".      I know it's a dumb movie quote, but I like the saying.  We've been down before, we'll get back up, starting saturday.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Section said

Hey Owls……..don't get to down. Your program has come a long way in a short time. Your's like Troys is headed in the right direction. Good luck against MSU………..make the Belt proud.  Hope you guys win all the rest but the ONE in October !!!!

Its Troy and FAU against the world. We both have up and coming programs and a lot still to prove.

My dream conference:

FAU/ TROY/ Southern Miss/ Tulane/ Central Florida/ ECU/ UAB/ Tulsa/ Houston and Middle Tenn.

Thanks section 210.. Not to sure about your dream conference I think FAU and Troy should move up together no matter what conference. We've been more of a rivalry then FAU-FIU and I'd love to see it continue when we are both top 25 programs.

Good luck to you as well and maybe you can shock the world this week and beat LSU. Nothing to lose and EVERYTHING to gain

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

I think this is about the lowest that I have seen morale on this board. Between the Texas loss and the most recent news of FAU's "Someday Stadium" we need something to turn things around. Luckily winning makes everything better. I just hope we can pull it off against UAB or this is going to be one ugly message board next week.

GO OWLS!!!

Amen to that, although we now have another DL injury… doh!
Back to the top

We had lots of injuries last year and managed…its a part of the game.

That conference would be nice…

Let go Owls, are we seriously sad about the size of the loss? It would have been an L one way or another and moral victories go unforgotten (ask ECU)…you have to win to win.  SO what if UCF and ASU held up well to Texas last year, in the end all three of us lost so we are in the same boat.

Let win our conference OUTRIGHT this time around, go to the St Pete Bowl and make that dome OURS and then get some great new recruits and keep pushing to beat a ranked team, it will happen, dont worry.

GO OWLS! SLAY THE BLAZE!

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: