Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UCF/FAU

How come FAU never plays UCF?? My friend is so annoying and thinks UCF can stomp all over FAU without a Kevin Smith.  How come we play a USF and not UCF?? A school thats closest to us??  How does the season have to end up so we could play them in the New Orleans bowl??
Back to the top

Re: UCF/FAU

Answers:

1. We did play a few years back

2. Our schedule is full so there's no room right now

3. USF is backing out of our series, so look for a possible game to happen.  O'Leary stated he wants at least 2 in state games a year

4. You will play UCF before you EVER play FSU.  Those guys absolutely refuse to play anyone beyond Miami or UF, and that's mainly because they're forced to. 
Back to the top

UCFKnight85 said

2. Our schedule is full so there's no room right now

4. You will play UCF before you EVER play FSU.  Those guys absolutely refuse to play anyone beyond Miami or UF, and that's mainly because they're forced to.

Last I saw, we were pretty full, too, but I'm too tired and lazy to check right now.

On 4, are you just talking about in-state schools?  Because FSU is giving Air Force and BYU a home-and-home series in the next few years, so it's not as if they are being unfair to the mid-majors.  They might not want to play you or us because of the nothing-to-gain-everything-to-lose angle insofar as recruiting.  FSU fans generally don't want to play USF, either – that topic came up a lot when there was talk about them meeting in a bowl last year.
Back to the top

Yes, in state teams.  They won't do it.
Back to the top

UCF/FAU

UCFKnight85 said

Bowden said something in the preseason about how escalating gas prices may very well inspire FSU to schedule more in-state games than they would otherwise… Schnellenberger said they're in talks now. Whether something will materialize from is mere speculation at this point.

Bowden did say something regarding being cautious about playing in-state teams like FAU/UCF/USF because that "gives us credibility." Uhhh, FAU plays Texas/Michigan State/Nebraska/South Carolina, UCF plays Boston College/Miami/Texas, USF plays Big East teams… we seem to be doing okay on the credibility-via-scheduling front.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

UCFKnight85 said

Bowden said something in the preseason about how escalating gas prices may very well inspire FSU to schedule more in-state games than they would otherwise… Schnellenberger said they're in talks now. Whether something will materialize from is mere speculation at this point.

Bowden did say something regarding being cautious about playing in-state teams like FAU/UCF/USF because that "gives us credibility." Uhhh, FAU plays Texas/Michigan State/Nebraska/South Carolina, UCF plays Boston College/Miami/Texas, USF plays Big East teams… we seem to be doing okay on the credibility-via-scheduling front.

I think Bowden meant give us credibility as far as recruiting in-state vs. them.  If UCF/FAU play a lot of games against UF UM FSU and starts to hold their own, it will hurt the FSUs, so he doesn't want to give us that opportunity to give us credibility.
Back to the top

UCFKnight85 said

There's some talk of FSU v. FAU in the new stadium whenever it opens.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

UCFKnight85 said

Put it on your calendar for 2020.  ;)

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

smittysahoot said

UCFKnight85 said

GO OWLS!!!

The sad thing is that 2020 is a real possibility at this point.
Back to the top

Lago said

owlfan1 said

smittysahoot said

UCFKnight85 said

GO OWLS!!!

The sad thing is that 2020 is a real possibility at this point.

That is why I put 2020. I am trying to be realistic.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: