Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Chants/Cheers

Under the Tex recap post, I guess the post drifted off into school traditions, chants, etc. If anyone has some ideas to get the crowd going, let me know what to respond if needed. I'll make sure to try to get fans around me to get into it.

Hey, it likely we won't be starting any long time tradition, but it would be fun to get the crowd into it.

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Re: Chants/Cheers

Silver_Bullet32 said

Under the Tex recap post, I guess the post drifted off into school traditions, chants, etc. If anyone has some ideas to get the crowd going, let me know what to respond if needed. I'll make sure to try to get fans around me to get into it.

Hey, it likely we won't be starting any long time tradition, but it would be fun to get the crowd into it.

Have everyone where blue and start a wave….making it a literal BLUE WAVE.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Copied from my reply in the recap thread…

STUDENTS are the key to this.

THEY are the loud, young, eager people. If the Student section was doing it in half by in the end zone, it would spread to the N/S sides. Split the sides with the BAND in the middle.

Have the cheeerleaders pushing the "south" side with GO, and the Prowlers pushing the "north" side of the Student section with OWLS and it would start to sound good. Just MHO.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I like the Go Owls chant..

a thing that me and my group of people do is anytime warley is out there for an XP or a FG..

We chant Warley,Warley, Warley, Warley

to the tune of Ole Ole Ole

it fits and since we've started doing it (last year at Duffy's vs. Troy) he hasn't missed a FG or XP yet

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

a thing that me and my group of people do is anytime warley is out there for an XP or a FG..

i like it!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

it fits and since we've started doing it (last year at Duffy's vs. Troy) he hasn't missed a FG or XP yet

I always wondered why I thought I heard Ole Ole Ole, now I'll join in.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

sounds good....

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Now that's the making of a tradition!

20 years from now when we're all chanting Ole Ole Ole Ole (or Warley) when the FAU kicker comes out and students have to ask every year why the stadium does it…

you guys get my vote for the best one yet
Back to the top

Chants/Cheers

TeamBeer said

Now that's the making of a tradition!

20 years from now when we're all chanting Ole Ole Ole Ole (or Warley) when the FAU kicker comes out and students have to ask every year why the stadium does it…

you guys get my vote for the best one yet

Does Warley know about this? He might be thinking to himself…..Why the hell are they singing every time I kick?

-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Jab979 said

As long as it's not The Chant That Shall Not Be Named (WLTOO) or the extremely awkward, meant-for-the-cheerleaders chant of "O! W! L! S! Florida!….Atlantic!…..Let's Go!" that was taught to the freshman during the Athletics Tradition segment of Orientation (despite the fact that we never do it), I'm down.

My favorites are "Marco! Polo!"
and
"Let's so Owwwwwwwwwwls!" dum dum da dumdumdum

And I know this thread is about football chants but I'm wondering how well we're going to be able to do the Stom Stomp Clap Clap at basketball games now that they got rid of the bleachers in the Student Section…
Back to the top
Control functions: