Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Thoughts on UAB Game

Great to get that first win out of the way!  It wasn't perfect, but i'll take it.

The offense was AWESOME today.  Rusty and the receivers played great.  The running game was mostly effective.  Granted, UAB isn't a very good defense, but as we saw against Texas, we can throw the ball on anyone.

Defensively….well, there is work to be done.  Too many dumb penalties and missed tackles.  The pass rush was better this week, but still not consistent enough.  Must get the D-line healthy…missing both starting DE's doesn't help matters.  If we don't turn the ball over on that punt and get a questionable pass interference call during that 2 minute sequence in the 2nd quarter, the game isn't nearly as close as it was.  Gotta give UAB credit though, they have a pretty good offensive team.

Finally…great crowd today.  Awesome job of showing up by the students….Let's keep it up every week!  Best home crowd i've seen at Lockhart other then the USF game and the playoff game. 
Back to the top

Re: Thoughts on UAB Game

Thoughts on UAB Game

Grant and Housler = great tandem.

Gent, well, he was simply fantastic.

And, Rusty got his revenge ;D
Back to the top

I was moving apartments all day so I wasn't able to watch the game via CSS or internet. I'm glad we won but I'm still not happy. Is that weird? I just don't have the faith in the defense to take us any where.

Offense ,good job.
Defense, get your act together.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

I was moving apartments all day so I wasn't able to watch the game via CSS or internet. I'm glad we won but I'm still not happy. Is that weird? I just don't have the faith in the defense to take us any where.

Offense ,good job.

I totally agree. The defense looked like we had no linebakers. They seem to be backpedaling most of the time. And what's with the 3-4 defence? Get some Beef up front…definitely not impressed with the defense. But I do appreciate the win.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

Offense ,good job.

Don't be unhappy.  We just won!  This offense is GREAT.  It can carry this team, but the defense will get better.  It's early in the year, they'll improve as the season goes along.  The D-line will get some starters back.  We know have 2 weeks of film to learn from and correct the mistakes.

Plus, like I said, take away the questionable pass interference call and the fumbled kick off and the defense probably gives up 10-14 less points and everyone is happy.

Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Finally…great crowd today.  Awesome job of showing up by the students….Let's keep it up every week!  Best home crowd i've seen at Lockhart other then the USF game and the playoff game.

ESPN reports ATTENDANCE: 15,143
UAB Blazers vs. Florida Atlantic Owls - Box Score - September 06, 2008 - ESPN

Actual was probably more like 10-12k (as I predicted, woot)
Back to the top

owlcountry said

fauowls44 said

Yeah, it wasn't quite 15K, but it was an impressive turnout by Lockhart standards…especially by the students1  We need that type of student showing EVERY home game.  Also, according to Ted, the students will be on the visiting sideline for the Troy game.  That'll make it look good on TV.  Hopefully we can fill the sideline and the endzone for that one.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

fauowls44 said

it was more than 12,000
Back to the top

great win today…..but

seriously everyone we have some problems coming ahead if we cant figure out this thing called defense.  Next week has me worried….we cant play this way against Mich State, and now that Minn is 2-0 we cant play them the same way.  An offensive shootout isnt going to always work…..we need the d to figure out how to play……no more single arm tackle attempts…..PLEASE!
Back to the top

There was way more the 12K there, the other end zone was mostly empty except for a few hundred fans.. as for the pass interference it happened right in front of my section, it was CLEARLY offensive pass interference on us, HOWEVER UAB returned the favor later in the game knocking one of our players to the ground before the ball got there, but no call was made.

Also I have heard from a few different people in the student section, that Warley's FG was actually good although the ref's said no good. Few friends said they were sitting right there and that ball went through.. Anyone care to clarify?

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: