Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MSU grad here.....looking forward to our Home & home series with you.....

Don't really know much about your program…..other then you take it serious, and want to be in a BCS bowl in a couple of years…with your strong in state talent,,,,,there is no reason to believe it's not possible SO…comming to State this week, you are a dog by 17…..Where is your money?  I had heard alot of smack talk you were going to handle Texas but dont think it was on this board…..(by the way…is this the main FAU Board?)……Well good Luck Sat. Hope all who come up enjoy a great Sept. day in Mich. and hope your mantra is "Wait Till Next Year"

GO GREEN!

BY the way…..if you want ouur main board,,,,,,it's spartantailgate.com
Back to the top

Re: MSU grad here.....looking forward to our Home & home series with you.....

Mac

This is the main board. I'll be heading up that way hope to have some fun. Hows the weather like?
Back to the top

macspartan said

Don't really know much about your program…..other then you take it serious, and want to be in a BCS bowl in a couple of years…with your strong in state talent,,,,,there is no reason to believe it's not possible SO…comming to State this week, you are a dog by 17…..Where is your money?  I had heard alot of smack talk you were going to handle Texas but dont think it was on this board…..(by the way…is this the main FAU Board?)……Well good Luck Sat. Hope all who come up enjoy a great Sept. day in Mich. and hope your mantra is "Wait Till Next Year"

GO GREEN!

Welcome Mac,
most of us were hyped up for the game vs Texas figuring if we lost it wouldn't be by much. I was at Texas and I was at the game this past sat. The way our D played the first 2 games I don't expect us to be able to stop your offense. Don't know much about your D but I know you have a good O.

Offense is our specialty quick WR's and a great QB. Unfortunately I'd have to put my money on Mich. State to cover the spread since our D hasn't shown they can stop anyone. It will be nice to finally play a team that doesn't use the spread

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

It should be ......A beatutiful day for football.........(thats how our PA announcer starts every game....even in Nov or Dec when its 20 degrees with 10" of snow)......Welcome to East Lansing.....enjoy the campus as it is one of the prettiest in the nation......but it is huge......43,000 students.....enjoy the campus life.......it never lasts forever.......go Luck in the Sun Belt
Back to the top

Thanks for stopping by.

I think we have proved we should be able to throw the ball against any team.  The problem will be stopping the other team.  If our D can figure some things out this week and get off the field on 3rd down, we could keep this close…otherwise it'll be a long day.  I'm not betting on an upset against a BCS team on the road until we show we can compete with those schools.  So at this point i'm just hoping to get over the hump and stay in a road BCS game for longer then a quarter.  I have to say i'm more confident against Minny next week then MSU, but stranger things have happened.

Go Owls!
Back to the top

macspartan said

GO GREEN!

Welcome. Everyone who has come by from MSU has been really cool so far and we hope that continues.
Back to the top

MSU grad here.....looking forward to our Home & home series with you.....

Hello Owls:

Another MSU grad here welcoming you to East Lansing this weekend. Preliminary forecast is for scattered thundershows with a high of 75 degrees. That being said, the weather forecasters up here suck worst than the Detroit Lions, so I wouldn't put any money on it raining.

As mac mentioned in an earlier post, please enjoy the campus. It is one of the most beautiful in the country. There'll be plenty of tailgating everywhere you look, and generally speaking, 95% of Spartan fans are friendly and gracious hosts (I'm sure we've all encountered the other 5% at many schools).

As for the game, I've been concerned about MSU's lack of a sustained pass rush and below average secondary play. If Smith has time to throw, he should have a field day against this secondary. EMU should have racked up more passing yards if their receivers could have caught the balls that were thrown to them. MSU has been pretty decent against the run, so you should have more difficulty in that area.

With MSU on offense, look the Spartans to run a ball-controlled offense with lots of carries from #23 Javon Ringer and #27 Andre Anderson, both of whom have power, uncanny balance and breakaway speed. If our OL continues to solidify, it could be a long afternoon. The Spartans corps of receivers is young, but talented. They haven't been in sync with QB Brian Hoyer yet, but there have been flashes of what's to come.

My personal belief is that this game is going to be closer than people think and I don't think MSU will cover. But if your defense is as bad as you've been saying, I could be wrong. My guess is 35-24 Spartans.

Looking forward to a good game by both teams and for those of you coming up to East Lansing, have a good time.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Thanks for stopping by.

I think we have proved we should be able to throw the ball against any team.  The problem will be stopping the other team.  If our D can figure some things out this week and get off the field on 3rd down, we could keep this close…otherwise it'll be a long day.  I'm not betting on an upset against a BCS team on the road until we show we can compete with those schools.  So at this point i'm just hoping to get over the hump and stay in a road BCS game for longer then a quarter.  I have to say i'm more confident against Minny next week then MSU, but stranger things have happened.

Go Owls!

Jesus, I hope so.  If your game against Minny is tougher than your game against the Spartans, MSU is in for a LONG year. 
Back to the top

Welcome, Tacky_Flue.

Tacky_Glue said

As for the game, I've been concerned about MSU's lack of a sustained pass rush and below average secondary play. If Smith has time to throw, he should have a field day against this secondary. EMU should have racked up more passing yards if their receivers could have caught the balls that were thrown to them.

I hope so. Texas was able to contain us because they consistently got pressure on Rusty on nearly every play. Even so, we still were able to drive down their field. Look for FAU to score a respectable amounts of points there, which is good for you guys because even if you win, at least it will be exciting to watch the shootout.

Tacky_Glue said

MSU has been pretty decent against the run, so you should have more difficulty in that area.
Yeah, not really our forte. Edgcombe and Pierre are solid guys that can net us at least 15 yards per carry against SBC teams but I'm sure they're going to have some trouble against MSU.

Tacky_Glue said

My personal belief is that this game is going to be closer than people think and I don't think MSU will cover. But if your defense is as bad as you've been saying, I could be wrong. My guess is 35-24 Spartans.
I'd like that but my guess is probably more like 45-21 MSU. We're supposedly revamping our defensive philosophy and letting our guys buck wild on you… whether that amounts to more tackles or mass confusion on the field will be revealed on Saturday..
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Welcome, Tacky_Flue.

Tacky_Glue said

As for the game, I've been concerned about MSU's lack of a sustained pass rush and below average secondary play. If Smith has time to throw, he should have a field day against this secondary. EMU should have racked up more passing yards if their receivers could have caught the balls that were thrown to them.

I hope so. Texas was able to contain us because they consistently got pressure on Rusty on nearly every play. Even so, we still were able to drive down their field. Look for FAU to score a respectable amounts of points there, which is good for you guys because even if you win, at least it will be exciting to watch the shootout.

Tacky_Glue said

MSU has been pretty decent against the run, so you should have more difficulty in that area.
Yeah, not really our forte. Edgcombe and Pierre are solid guys that can net us at least 15 yards per carry against SBC teams but I'm sure they're going to have some trouble against MSU.

Tacky_Glue said

I'd like that but my guess is probably more like 45-21 MSU. We're supposedly revamping our defensive philosophy and letting our guys buck wild on you… whether that amounts to more tackles or mass confusion on the field will be revealed on Saturday..

15 yards per carry holy $#*%.  ;)

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top
Control functions: