Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Radio Show

Just wanted to remind everyone - Today's Coaches show has been moved up one hour.

Radio Link: FOX Sports 640AM: Broadcast - Coaches Show, 6:00pm
Back to the top

Re: Radio Show

Missed it...anything good??
Back to the top

Radio Show

Florida_Owl said

Missed it…anything good??

Not particularly. More of Coach saying, "yeah, we know we have some defensive problems which doesn't make sense because we have talented guys" and, regarding Michigan State, "we believe we have enough firepower to put enough points on the board to compete with them and maybe even to win."

More or less his words.

As a side note, the guy who plays Owsley is moving to Las Vegas, so I guess they'll be having auditions for that soon…
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Florida_Owl said

Not particularly. More of Coach saying, "yeah, we know we have some defensive problems which doesn't make sense because we have talented guys" and, regarding Michigan State, "we believe we have enough firepower to put enough points on the board to compete with them and maybe even to win."

More or less his words.

As a side note, the guy who plays Owsley is moving to Las Vegas, so I guess they'll be having auditions for that soon…

Yeah he was supposed to leave next semester but last i spoke to him he's leaving early. FAU knew this coming into the season so they already found a replacement. It's a girl and they are giving her a whole new female costume, in fact she may be at Mich. State

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

female owl costume? Or just Owlsey built for a girl?

I hope she's tough, I'd hate to see us lose a mascot fight if there ever is one. Nothing puts your program on the map like a good mascot fight.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

female owl costume? Or just Owsley built for a girl?

I hope she's tough, I'd hate to see us lose a mascot fight if there ever is one. Nothing puts your program on the map like a good mascot fight.

2006 - Owsley vs. the North Texas Mean Green mascot. It wasn't intended to be a real fight, everyone was just playing around. But, when the NT Eagle started swinging, Owsley knocked off the head of the Eagle. We've got it on tape on the 2006 prOWLer highlight video.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

I think its a female Owsley not sure if they're keeping the same name or not but pretty sure they gave her a female costume

Back to the top

smittysahoot said

TeamBeer said

female owl costume? Or just Owsley built for a girl?

2006 - Owsley vs. the North Texas Mean Green mascot. It wasn't intended to be a real fight, everyone was just playing around. But, when the NT Eagle started swinging, Owsley knocked off the head of the Eagle. We've got it on tape on the 2006 prOWLer highlight video.

Smitty anyway you can put that on you tube and post the link here or just post that video here haha i'd love to see that!

Back to the top

owlcountry said

Florida_Owl said

More or less his words.

Cool beans…thanks!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

I think its a female Owsley not sure if they're keeping the same name or not but pretty sure they gave her a female costume

As an MSU Alum, we welcome your female Owl to East Lansing, However I feel resposible to warn her that Sparty (THE GREATEST MASCOT IN COLLEGE!) IS NOT very good at the P.C. thing.   He may ravage your fine feathered, wise, unobjectable, P.C. correct mascot. After all, there arent too many female mascots in the world of college sports…..gotta take your opportunities where you can I guess.

I really like the way your program is thinking though…..I believe you will be in a BCS conference very soon, as you are going about it in the right way, also being in Fla. is a big advantage in recruiting.

Now as far as the game…..It looks like you got a very good QB in Smith……and a running tandam that is adequte to pull off some big gains,,,,,but the D….well like mentioned in an earlier thread……I really dont know alot about FAU……but as far as I can tell the D needs some improvement.

So,,,,,should be a great Sat…….A BEAUTIFULL DAY FOR FOOTBALL……(all Sat. are) Your Strength (Offense) vs our weakness (Defense) and exactly the same for us.

May it be a great game, may no one be injured, and may everyone that travels to East Lansing enjoy their trip.

But that being said,,,,,,,,,,MSU…….45
                                  FAU……..23

Bring you A game….you want to be in a BCS conference…….Prove ya belong (I never learned the P.C. either)
Back to the top
Control functions: