Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Store discounts 73 percent discount off Arkansas State gear

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3578015

JONESBORO, Ark. – At least one Arkansas State fan would prefer to see his favorite team win a close game this weekend.

Hoppy Hoffman, who owns a store that sells Arkansas State apparel, came up with a new promotion this season: 1 percent off after each home football game for every point the Red Wolves win by.

Then Arkansas State won its home opener 83-10 on Saturday.

"We had a ball with it," Hoffman, who owns The Design Shoppe, said. "It was so much fun yesterday."

The discount is offered the Monday after each home game, and shoppers might never find cheaper prices than they did after Arkansas State scored more points in a game than any major college football team this decade against Texas Southern.

Combine 73 percent off with the fact that Arkansas State is 2-0 for the first time in 22 years, and business was booming Monday.

"It got crazy. We opened at 9:30. The people who probably got in line by 10 checked out about 1:30," he said. "When the door opened at 9:30, I know at least 200 people filed in. It was hilarious. … It looked like they were waiting to buy rock concert tickets."

Arkansas State has four more home games this season, including Saturday against Southern Mississippi. Hoffman is hoping for another win, although perhaps a one-point victory will suffice.

"I think I'm going to go to practice one day and have a chat with my team," Hoffman said. "Beat 'em, but don't run it up on me that bad any more."

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Store discounts 73 percent discount off Arkansas State gear

That's awesome. I'd love to see the FAU Bookstore do something similar - or maybe just the OwlsGear shop in the Student Union so people couldn't try and pass the discount on to buy books.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

That's awesome. I'd love to see the FAU Bookstore do something similar - or maybe just the OwlsGear shop in the Student Union so people couldn't try and pass the discount on to buy books.
the book store has been doing really well i have noticed they are seelin gout of alot of things very quickley they have also got in many new things like fau wigs, socks, foam footballs etc
Back to the top

The FAU store still needs to get more stuff.  Being up here in Jacksonville anything you can think of is in Orange and Blue.  It would be nice to tailgate on a FAU logo grill, or see little kids and babies wearing FAU logos, etc…
Back to the top

Store discounts 73 percent discount off Arkansas State gear

mh2os said

The FAU store still needs to get more stuff.  Being up here in Jacksonville anything you can think of is in Orange and Blue.  It would be nice to tailgate on a FAU logo grill, or see little kids and babies wearing FAU logos, etc…
Owlsgear.com was started by an alumnus. They have some creative stuff.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

mh2os said

Owlsgear.com was started by an alumnus. They have some creative stuff.

Seems to be an awesome new venture! Looking forward to seeing what they do with non-shirt items.

For now, I like the "Big Four" shirt…
Back to the top
Control functions: