Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Realistic chance vs. MSU

What's everyone opinion on this game. I think we can put up some points on this defense. We moved the ball vs. Texas so we should be able to move it against MSU. We got Millar back on on the line so that's only a help.

Coucil back on D can only help. Hopefully they can keep it respectable. I don't see why they can't hold them to 34. I figure 4 TD's and two field goals. I would be okay with that.

MSU's secondary is beat up, they got one solid dude and everyone else is pretty weak. A 125 total in rushing and 350 in the air will keep us in the game.

I'm still down on the team but I think we can get a good game here. MSU is no Texas. And MSU is no UAB either.

It all come down to the defense playing somewhat respectable and actually doing something.
Back to the top

Re: Realistic chance vs. MSU

I'm not going to predict a win over a BCS opponent on the road until I see that we can have a competitive game against a BCS team on the road.  That said, I think we are closer then we have been in the past to competing in these games.  I think we can move the ball on MSU and put some points on the board.  Will the D show up and will it be enough to win?  I don't know.  I just want a competitive game into the 2nd half.  That would be a big step forward in these types of games for us.  I haven't seen MSU play the past few years.  They seem like a solid team, but I doubt they have anywhere near the type of talent Texas has.  I'd be thrilled with a win, but failing that, I'd be happy to just show improvement and to play this game close heading into Minnesota and the SBC schedule.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I'm not going to predict a win over a BCS opponent on the road until I see that we can have a competitive game against a BCS team on the road.  That said, I think we are closer then we have been in the past to competing in these games.  I think we can move the ball on MSU and put some points on the board.  Will the D show up and will it be enough to win?  I don't know.  I just want a competitive game into the 2nd half.  That would be a big step forward in these types of games for us.  I haven't seen MSU play the past few years.  They seem like a solid team, but I doubt they have anywhere near the type of talent Texas has.  I'd be thrilled with a win, but failing that, I'd be happy to just show improvement and to play this game close heading into Minnesota and the SBC schedule.

+1

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

MSU is just going to run the ball down our throats and try to control the clock. I'm hoping Council makes a big difference on our line and gives us some depth.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

MSU is just going to run the ball down our throats and try to control the clock. I'm hoping Council makes a big difference on our line and gives us some depth.

i like our chanmces alot better than versus a spread…that is for sure…speed is required for the spread, and not so much for the smash mouth…….

But size is …having him back certainly cant hurt!
Back to the top

Realistic chance vs. MSU

Exit39 said

What's everyone opinion on this game. I think we can put up some points on this defense. We moved the ball vs. Texas so we should be able to move it against MSU. We got Millar back on on the line so that's only a help.

Coucil back on D can only help. Hopefully they can keep it respectable. I don't see why they can't hold them to 34. I figure 4 TD's and two field goals. I would be okay with that.

MSU's secondary is beat up, they got one solid dude and everyone else is pretty weak. A 125 total in rushing and 350 in the air will keep us in the game.

I'm still down on the team but I think we can get a good game here. MSU is no Texas. And MSU is no UAB either.

It all come down to the defense playing somewhat respectable and actually doing something.

FAU couldn't hold Texas down and couldn't even hold UAB to less than 34 so that makes me think they wont be able to hold MSU to anything less that 42. The D is just nonexistent right now and I'm hoping the O can put up 43.
Back to the top

sounds about right…if we can run the ball a bit, we can expect a game in the 40's…..I don't see us stopping they unless we find a way to get some turnovers

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

We're going to get hammered.

Their offense is great, they move the ball well and have a great running game (i.e keep our offense off the field).  Getting through our defense is like getting through a wet paper bag so far this year.

MSU 41, FAU 17

I would love to be proven wrong!

Like things, love people.
Back to the top
Control functions: