Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Oregon's swinging gate

Add topic

Anyone notice or know why the Oregon Ducks do that weird set up before they kick the extra point? Announcers called it the "swinging gate".

It looked cool but didn't see the point.

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

Re: Oregon's swinging gate

I didn't see theirs, but I'm assuming it's the same old swinging gate that I've seen before, where it's just the center, by himself, and 8 guys lined up about 10 yards to the side.  Yeah, I see that a lot, but I have never seen anyone actually run a fake out of that formation.
Back to the top

They set up like that… a center with everyone on the other side of the field… but then they all come back to the center on the line of scrimmage.  It's like the kicker calls an audible.

Wonder what the point is of it.  Seems like wasted time spent on extra point formation.

Back to the top

Oregon's swinging gate

Arkansas did in 2006 and got a first down and would have had more because the defense was completely unprepared

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

That was a busted play. Alabama wasn't even on the field.

Either way, I was referring to an extra point try.

Back to the top

trick play that can switch back to a filed goal.  If the option is open it can be used for a 2 point conversion. High schools do it all the time!
Back to the top
Control functions: