Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Pre-Season NIT... Just around the corner

Add topic

Pre-Season NIT... Just around the corner

Its awesome to see FAU invited to the Pre-Season NIT.

November 17th is right around the corner and i love to see us playing Arizona. A nice high powered offense with great D1 talent. It will be great to see how Monroe/Nwoji/Graham/Royster match up against them.

Football is great excitement week to week, but basketball is what i long for!

JARVIS for President.

FAU - Sun Belt Sleepers!

Coach Schnellenberger quotes:
“It's no secret that this state produces high-quality players, … And there is no reason why every team in the state can't become a winning one.” “Even after Florida, FSU and Miami take theirs, you still have an abundance of talent right here.”
Back to the top

Re: Pre-Season NIT... Just around the corner

Im looking forward to that arizona game. I want to win atleast the second game we play if we lose to Arizona
Back to the top

If we lose to Arizona? Training camp hasn't even started (OCt 11th) and you've already got them losing game 1. Wheres the passion and support of Jarvis and his boyz? Rex may of been tough, but Jarvis walks the walk, while talking the talk! He's what these kids need to realize their potential, getting them to play on the highest level!

Upset - game 1 vs Arizona 73-62… FAU = Sun Belt Sleepers!

“It's no secret that this state produces high-quality players, … And there is no reason why every team in the state can't become a winning one.” “Even after Florida, FSU and Miami take theirs, you still have an abundance of talent right here.”
Back to the top

Im not sayin were gonna lose
Back to the top

fins09065 said

Im not sayin were gonna lose

ok, then i will. ;D

J-Me, i absolutely LOVE your enthusiasm…

Fyi, im the loud obnoxious guy who used to sit pretty close to you on the west side during hoops season the last two - three years and was consistently quite vocal regarding calls, etc, and would join you in the token key jingle at games end :)

But, hey, i mean cmon, AZ??  Don't get me worng, i would be estatic!

But, AZ??

Do you really think we have the firepower size wise to even remotely consider that?

UPSET OF THE CENTURY.

Although, techinically, anything can happen i guess…….
Back to the top

IF, as Rudyard Kipling said,

EVERYONE buys into MJ's program and

IF the Seniors remember the effort required to play against top tier teams (KU,UNC) and
IF MJ is super sharp coming back and Olson isn't, and
IF the ball bounces our way just a little

STOP the PRESSES….. :)

Back to the top

NewOwlOldBBFan said

IF, as Rudyard Kipling said,

EVERYONE buys into MJ's program and

IF the Seniors remember the effort required to play against top tier teams (KU,UNC) and
IF MJ is super sharp coming back and Olson isn't, and
IF the ball bounces our way just a little

STOP the PRESSES….. :)

Sounds good to me! :)
Back to the top

Florida_Owl

Jarvis in his first year, as most first year had coaches will do… He'll get the most production out of his Leaders (Monroe & Graham) that he can get. MJ is not a guy to let talent go to waste. Lets not forget, his last coaching job was with Jameer Nelson and junior guard Delonte West. That year Jameer Nelson went on to win Player of the Year. Small time PG with big time ability. He knows how to get the most. I liked Rex a lot. He brought passion to the Burrow every night but he lacked a certain respect from his players. Jarvis demands that respect. Maybe its his Boston accent but what i do know is that his players give him their full commitment to winning. Don't turn this around and say, what about the player suspensions, blah blah blah, that was the blame of stupid kids doing stupid things and he was the scape goat of that scandal.

In speaking of my upset of the century… Monroe average 15 points / 9 rebounds… Thats hard to stop. Snoop is a very dynamic talent in that he goes hard to the basket but finishes with such a soft touch. Nwoji is a floor general. and Royster… I've got high hopes for him. He averages more Blocks per minute than any college players i've seen in a while. That kid is a Defensive Monster. Jarvis… Use Him Wisely!

I'll say it all season:
FAU = Sun Belt Sleeper

Back to the top

j-me said

I liked Rex a lot. He brought passion to the Burrow every night but he lacked a certain respect from his players. Jarvis demands that respect. Maybe its his Boston accent but what i do know is that his players give him their full commitment to winning. Don't turn this around and say, what about the player suspensions, blah blah blah, that was the blame of stupid kids doing stupid things and he was the scape goat of that scandal.

I totally agree with you on this…and truly feel that hurt our play - period.  :-\

Like you, i very much believe MJ will maximize thier potential where "the other guy" could not.

Royster in particular…i think this is where i think "the other guy" really missed it…kid has ALOT of potential…needs a RESPECTED leader to pull it out of him.

BTW, have you heard about our new PG Tucker?? Lightening quick! :)

IMO, he will be one of, if not the best, PG's in the Belt within two years time…this year to learn the system, then bust out next year big time…

Back to the top

j-me said

Florida_Owl

Jarvis in his first year, as most first year had coaches will do… He'll get the most production out of his Leaders (Monroe & Graham) that he can get. MJ is not a guy to let talent go to waste. Lets not forget, his last coaching job was with Jameer Nelson and junior guard Delonte West. That year Jameer Nelson went on to win Player of the Year. Small time PG with big time ability. He knows how to get the most.

Jameer Nelson and Delonte West went to St. Joseph's but point taken.
Back to the top
Control functions: