Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

ESPN's Ivan Maisel gives his thoughts on Fl football

"There should be little debate about which of the seven FBS teams in the state of Florida is the best in this decade. The Florida Gators overtook the Miami Hurricanes midway through. Florida State is struggling. South Florida and Central Florida are growing. Florida Atlantic is promising, and all Florida International can do is promise – to be better."

I would be happy following the path of South Florida. I think we can get there in about 5 years….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Re: ESPN's Ivan Maisel gives his thoughts on Fl football

I dont think the gators have been better this decade...I mean Miami had 2 national championship appearances and 1 victory...that alone is enough for them to be better than the gators at this point.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

ESPN's Ivan Maisel gives his thoughts on Fl football

SeminOWL2006 said

I dont think the gators have been better this decade…I mean Miami had 2 national championship appearances and 1 victory…that alone is enough for them to be better than the gators at this point.

Maybe, but UF was never as bad as Miami was the last couple of years.
Back to the top

2000 UF lost to Miami in Sugar Bowl
2001 UM National Championship
2002 UF lost to Miami & Miami went to NC game
2003 UF lost to Miami & Miami beats FSU twice, wins Orange Bowl
2004 UF lost to Miami in Peach Bowl
2005 Both UF and Miami 9-3
2006 UF wins National Championship, Miami 7-5
2007 UF 9-4, Miami 5-7

So by my record Miami is 5-2-1 this decade (as far as better season)

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Ok, you might have a point.  I just looked at UF's records and forgot they had three 5-loss seasons in a row ('02-'04).  However, most college football fans have a tendency to judge the rivalry based on what you've done lately.  I know that's how UF fans look at it.  It kind of follows what you said in the BCS thread in the open forum – FSU could go 4-8 and beat UF and all is well in Tally. (Don't know if that's exactly true, but I know what you mean.)
Back to the top
Control functions: