Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

There is NO way MN is going to beat FAU!

I'm a Gopher fan but I really do think you guys should be the favorites.  I have a hard time believing we will beat you guys for a number of reasons.

1.  Team Speed - MN has gotton faster but we are not as fast as you guys, and they say speed kills.

2.  Your quarterback - MN struggles against any quarterback, but when quarterback is one of the best in the nation forget about it.  I guarantee you, your quarterback will pass for over 300 yards EASILY.  500 yards or more would not be out of the realm of possibility.

3.  Your coach - Your coach is an icon, while ours has yet to prove if he belongs with the big boys.  I'm sure Schnellenburger has a few suprises for Brewster.

4.  Confidence - Your team has the confidence after beating us last year.  You guys know you can beat MN.

In the end I want us to win, but I think our chances are slim to none.  Is there any way we can take off the roof and pray for rain.  Good luck the rest of the season!  Against us you will not need any luck!
Back to the top

Re: There is NO way MN is going to beat FAU!

There is NO way MN is going to beat FAU!

One more thing to add.  Michigan State proved you need a running attack to beat FAU.  Our number one RB is out for the season and 3 of our Offensive linemen are hurt.  We have freshemn filling in at RB and on the O-line.  I think your speed will shut down our running game.  Our RB's are not even average Big Ten running backs and may not even be average Sun Belt running backs.  I do not like our chances!
Back to the top

thanks for the kind words about schnelly and rusty..........i hope ur right
Back to the top

gold04 said

I'm a Gopher fan but I really do think you guys should be the favorites.  I have a hard time believing we will beat you guys for a number of reasons.

In the end I want us to win, but I think our chances are slim to none.  Is there any way we can take off the roof and pray for rain.  Good luck the rest of the season!  Against us you will not need any luck!

Wow, thanks! But you guys have a good QB from what I hear. Might be a shootout, who knows?
Back to the top

gold04 said

I'm a Gopher fan but I really do think you guys should be the favorites.  I have a hard time believing we will beat you guys for a number of reasons…In the end I want us to win, but I think our chances are slim to none.  Is there any way we can take off the roof and pray for rain.  Good luck the rest of the season!  Against us you will not need any luck!

Thanks for the props, but don't sell yourself short…you guys have progressed ALOT since we played you last year…and even that game came down to a pick, or would have gont to OT…bottom line though:

If this is truly the case, you had better tell Vegas…because they have you as a touchdown favorite…and we all know $$$ talks.

But, i do Hope we win! :)

Back to the top

On offense, I think our confidence is a bit dinged up. We've played 3 games, but they haven't shown up for our road games this year…..

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

On offense, I think our confidence is a bit dinged up. We've played 3 games, but they haven't shown up for our road games this year…..

We need our confidence to be a bit dinged up, the boys need to get hungry again and have the attitude that they have things to prove.  This should be a good game with very open defenses, wouldn't be suprised to see a combined 100 points on the board.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

gold04 said

1.  Team Speed - MN has gotton faster but we are not as fast as you guys, and they say speed kills.

2.  Your quarterback - MN struggles against any quarterback, but when quarterback is one of the best in the nation forget about it.  I guarantee you, your quarterback will pass for over 300 yards EASILY.  500 yards or more would not be out of the realm of possibility.

3.  Your coach - Your coach is an icon, while ours has yet to prove if he belongs with the big boys.  I'm sure Schnellenburger has a few suprises for Brewster.

4.  Confidence - Your team has the confidence after beating us last year.  You guys know you can beat MN.

you sound like your coach. extolling all the virtues of FAU and what not. but in the end I believe you think last year was a fluke and are looking for a blowout this year to avenge last year
Back to the top

Weather forecast: A lot of smoke blowing.
Back to the top

grayowl, you got that right – see if the post below (linked) looks familiar. There's at least one on every board – thanks for the advice on our visit last year and for the hospitality the couple of years I've stopped by here.

http://www.ay-ziggy-zoomba.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20958
Back to the top
Control functions: