Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ok, so Minnie's Coach likes us...ALOT.

Wow, talk about a write up:

"When you look at Florida Atlantic, I think they might be the best 1-2 football team in America. It’s amazing the about of talent that Howard Schnellenberger has accumulated at Florida Atlantic. I just look at them as a very gifted team across the board. You look at the two teams they’ve lost to and you see Texas and Michigan State. They’ve played very well against UAB and they have some extremely talented football players on their team. Obviously Howard has been around forever and he’s a great football coach – he does a heck of a job coaching their football team to be a very solid, sound fundamental team. They are very physical on both sides of the ball. Their quarterback, Rusty Smith, I think is as good a quarterback as there is in the country. I think the guy throws the ball extremely well – last week, I don’t think [his performance] was indicative at all of his abilities in the downpour against Michigan State. He was 8 out of 35, but the kid can really throw the football and he’s got tremendous confidence. He throws to one of the best wide receivers in the country in [Cortez] Gent, who has outstanding speed and is a really excellent wide receiver. He was able to do some things to really hurt Texas. Again, he caught some balls last week. I have just been really impressed with the combination of Smith to Gent. Their tight end, [Jamari] Grant is an outstanding football player who they use very similarly to how we used a guy like Antonio Gates when I was in the National Football League. They can line him up outside, inside and use him in different formations. On defense, they’re a very physical and athletic defense. You think about the number of football players that are in south Florida. There is probably not a better area in America for high school football than south Florida. Howard has done just an amazing job of bringing those players to Florida Atlantic – [Jervonte] Jackson, their defensive tackle, I think is amazing. Their middle linebacker, [Frantz] Joseph – these are all players that can play at any level. Their special teams are very solid. For us to have a chance to win this week against Florida Atlantic, it’s going to take our absolute best effort of the season – they’re just a supremely talented, gifted football team. Don’t let the 1-2 record deceive you at all – we’ve studied them very hard and they are an outstanding football team."

- Tim Brewster

Quote Link

Back to the top

Re: Ok, so Minnie's Coach likes us...ALOT.

My BS detector just spiked.
Back to the top

Sounds like Minnesota wants to play up FAU in case they don't come away with the W at home on Saturday.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Wow…I read the whole thing.  He certainly has respect for our abilities and I think owlfan1 may be on to something.  ;D
Back to the top

or maybe he's just saying whats honestly on his mind, a la Mike Gundy  ??? ::) ???

or nevermind
Back to the top

Is he a Lou Holtz disciple?
Back to the top

Ok, so Minnie's Coach likes us...ALOT.

lol........wow......atleast im not the only one that thinks were great!!!
Back to the top

Wow that made me blush, is he trying to get into our pants?

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

Wow that made me blush, is he trying to get into our pants?
 :D

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

if he is trying to get into our pants, he def knows the right things to say
Back to the top
Control functions: