Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

if/valiant effort we beat the gophers.....

….I'll give my attention back the team but they haven't done anything yet to deserve the attention or money I've given thus far. till then. thank you owl fans.
Back to the top

Re: if/valiant effort we beat the gophers.....

Wow….jumping off the bandwagon after a 1-2 start with losses to Texas and Michigan State?  Before we play a conference game?  The only way your school's program "deserves" your support is when everything goes perfectly right?  Kind of harsh don't you think!?
Back to the top

Exit39 said

….I'll give my attention back the team but they haven't done anything yet to deserve the attention or money I've given thus far. till then. thank you owl fans.

Well, SEE YA!  I thought this was a "Fan" board  ::)
Back to the top

The definition of a fairweather fan….that is ridiculous.

I bought season tickets and I'm not even living in South Florida!!! (ie I wont be at any game)

This post pissed me off.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

if/valiant effort we beat the gophers.....

fauowls44 said

Wow….jumping off the bandwagon after a 1-2 start with losses to Texas and Michigan State?  Before we play a conference game?  The only way your school's program "deserves" your support is when everything goes perfectly right?  Kind of harsh don't you think!?

We have arrived!  You know you've made it when you have a bandwagon.

Exit39, read the Minnie coach's comments on the other post, it will make you feel better.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Exit's a true fan…he's just venting…

I mean cmon, the guy flew from NY to UT for the game…that's not chump change….i didnt drop over $5 Bills to get to the game, nor could i afford to.

Besides, after the last two OOC road game performances, he has every right to be upset…

Let's be real:

WE STUNK.

Now, back to reality…….

We have a very winnable game this weekend! :)

Back to the top

Good thing the team doesn't have the same attitude. The last thing we need is a bunch of people quiting on us.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

we haven't played a descent game yet. UAB is one of the worst teams in the country. We should've won the MSU game easily and we got shut out. Texas was a complete joke. A team of juniors and seniors are playing like true freshman. I'm sorry but I can't stand all the preseason hype about this team and they haven't showed it once on the field. look at ASU there showing up
Back to the top

Exit39 said

we haven't played a descent game yet. UAB is one of the worst teams in the country. We should've won the MSU game easily and we got shut out. Texas was a complete joke. A team of juniors and seniors are playing like true freshman. I'm sorry but I can't stand all the preseason hype about this team and they haven't showed it once on the field. look at ASU there showing up

Ok, i have to respond to this:

TENNESSEE put up 35 on UAB.

We put up 49.

Do the math.

We are an excellent passing oriented offensive team…but our running game is not to hot right now…

Paris is out - HUGE DAGGER.

And three of our turnovers can account for that.

And we are challanged defensivley…without St Claire in the line up, and in the secondary period…

But dont go there bro, we won that game outright! :)
Back to the top

Exit39 said

Texas is a top 10 team…we are not.  MSU is a pretty good team.  There is no shame in losing on the road to either of those teams.  UAB was a win…not a pretty win, but a win none the less.  We haven't played our best football, but it is still only 3 games into the season.  I'm positive we'll get better from here.  No reason to panic and certainly no reason to consider the season a failure.

Back to the top
Control functions: