Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU vs. Minnesota, where's the talk?

Come on everyone, we all still seem down and out over the last few games.  This board just seems real quiet this week.  I'ts not over till we say it's over.

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?…………No!" ;D

ESPN has the score 42-39 Minn.,  I think that could be a fair guess, but I'm turning it aroud,  42-39 FAU!.  What do ya'll say?

Remember Owls hunt rodents! 

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Re: FAU vs. Minnesota, where's the talk?

So we have a repeat of last years score then?? :)
Back to the top

Owl country is humbled…but if you would like to make fun of a Minnesota player we do have that thread available…

My prediction..Minnesota doesnt have the talent yet to beat FAU, and although we struggle on the defensive end making stops, we outscore them 38-28.  Hill gets a pick and Frantz gets a fumble recovery (and stays as #1 tackler in the nation)

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

duder said

Come on everyone, we all still seem down and out over the last few games.  This board just seems real quiet this week.  I'ts not over till we say it's over.

ESPN has the score 42-39 Minn.,  I think that could be a fair guess, but I'm turning it aroud,   42-39 FAU!.  What do ya'll say?

There's nothing to really dislike about them. Their fans have come in and been very nice to us.

So if we start a fight at this point unprovoked, we just look like a bunch of classless d***s
(I don't know why I need to asterisk that since you're all old enough to know what it means anyway)
Back to the top

FAU vs. Minnesota, where's the talk?

owlcountry said

(I don't know why I need to asterisk that since you're all old enough to know what it means anyway)

So you can remain a member in good standing by observing the "rules" of the forum that the site owner established?
Back to the top

35 - 21 Minnesota.

Two main reasons, both revolving around turnovers. Weber has dramatically cut down on his. He will take the sack rather then throw the ball up for grabs. I hope he learns to throw the ball away but I'll take his present approach.

The other is take aways. Last year Defensive players dropped,  if I remember right, seven very catchable interceptions in the first four or five games last year. This year it's virtually a new Secondary and they've only dropped one  and caught the rest. I don't see either of those trends ending yet.

Good luck in your conference games and I hope you enjoy a great game Saturday but are ticked-off about a loss.  ;)
Back to the top

iceland12 said

35 - 21 Minnesota.

Two main reasons, both revolving around turnovers. Weber has dramatically cut down on his. He will take the sack rather then throw the ball up for grabs. I hope he learns to throw the ball away but I'll take his present approach.

The other is take aways. Last year Defensive players dropped,  if I remember right, seven very catchable interceptions in the first four or five games last year. This year it's virtually a new Secondary and they've only dropped one  and caught the rest. I don't see either of those trends ending yet.

Good luck in your conference games and I hope you enjoy a great game Saturday but are ticked-off about a loss.  ;)

I am never over confident on this board, but I think FAU's defense will come out of its shell this weekend and we will roll you guys by 2 touchdowns.  I also think Rusty goes for 400 yards…Gophers will have no answer for FAU.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

duder said

ESPN has the score 42-39 Minn.,  I think that could be a fair guess, but I'm turning it aroud,   42-39 FAU!.  What do ya'll say?

There's nothing to really dislike about them. Their fans have come in and been very nice to us.

So if we start a fight at this point unprovoked, we just look like a bunch of classless d***s

I'm not saying to start gettin rude or anything (I personally think talkin smack is dumb, either win or shut up), it's just been quiet, and I think this can be both an exciting game, and another good win for us.  If we beat them again I think it will do a lot to improve morale, and to show that last year was not a fluke.  

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

I've got something to talk about…Owlcountry, what the hell is that avatar???

Is it like Chaucer or Longfellow or someone that I should know? Doesn't the dude have a tougher picture than that?  ;D
Back to the top

walty12 said

I am never over confident on this board, but I think FAU's defense will come out of its shell this weekend and we will roll you guys by 2 touchdowns.  I also think Rusty goes for 400 yards…Gophers will have no answer for FAU.

Well allrighty then!  ;D

TeamBeer said

I've got something to talk about…Owlcountry, what the hell is that avatar???

Is it like Chaucer or Longfellow or someone that I should know? Doesn't the dude have a tougher picture than that?  ;D

:D

first time i saw it, i though it was Syd Barrett from the original Pink Floyd…….
Back to the top
Control functions: