Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Postgame thoughts on the Minnesota game...

ok, time to be real here…

This was NOT a great offensive team we faced today and gave up 37 points to.  This is what we will see on a weekly basis for the rest of the season.  Troy, ULM, and ULL are sure to give us fits.

Game quote:

"Long way to go, and a short time to get there."

Defense:  D+

Will NOT win us ANY games in conference play this year, as they did last year with late game heroic stops, etc.  Can't depend on that.  We can not defend the spread whatsoever, and unless we improve DRAMATICALLY within the next two weeks, we will get drilled by two early conference losses - mark it down.

Offense:  C-

When we had chances, we blew them.  Not all of the offense did badly, as the line only gave one sack up.

We ran the ball ok at times, but once again dropped way too many passes to be in a dome.  And Rusty, well, he had his worst game in two years.

Game ball:

Frantz Joesph - stud, PERIOD.

Back to the top

Re: Postgame thoughts on the Minnesota game...

Postgame thoughts on the Minnesota game...

Probably can't get anything too coherent together right now.  Offense was a D-, receivers were dropping passes, Bonner looked like this week's version of Gent last week, and Rusty was a solid F today and certainly quieted all that coming-out-as-a-junior talk.  Get the ball in Pierre's hands more.  Defense was no better than a D, lots of missed tackles again.  Special teams was a D+.

Looking ahead, I can't see beating either MTSU or Troy, so get prepared for 1-5.  Worse yet, those next two games are on national TV, which will give ESPN plenty of opportunity to talk about how we've gone from being potential BCS busters to just plain busts.  No confidence, no heart.  In fact, the way they're playing, there isn't a sure win left on the schedule, and that includes FIU.  Just "being real."

This is bad in so many ways.  Fan base, stadium, you name it.
Back to the top

I cant be as eloquent as others right now.

Rusty is accurate at times but also hurrying the ball too much. 4 Ints is VOMITOUS.

SERIOUSLY the WR and ANYONE else who catches the football at ANYTIME needs to go outside and play catch since they OBVIOUSLY cant do it at all. They have been terrible. This is a POP WARNER skill.

D is simply more of the same ineptness and listlessness that cant win a game. Its ok enough to keep it somewhat close but the damn O cant do it now.

Troy, MTSU, and stAte are going to eat us alive if we continue to play like this.

A VERY dark day. A season full of promise looks to be in the toilet after todays performace. There is no silver lining in this game at all.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Agree with everything said.

owlfamily said

I cant be as eloquent as others right now.

Rusty is accurate at times but also hurrying the ball too much. 4 Ints is VOMITOUS.

SERIOUSLY the WR and ANYONE else who catches the football at ANYTIME needs to go outside and play catch since they OBVIOUSLY cant do it at all. They have been terrible. This is a POP WARNER skill.

D is simply more of the same ineptness and listlessness that cant win a game. Its ok enough to keep it somewhat close but the damn O cant do it now.

Troy, MTSU, and stAte are going to eat us alive if we continue to play like this.

A VERY dark day. A season full of promise looks to be in the toilet after todays performace. There is no silver lining in this game at all.
Back to the top

for the first time….after todays game…I am starting to think that as much as I love Coach HS…it may be time  to find someone that can be more involved. It hurts me to say this but after seeing him last weekend at MSU, and how he was so "out of touch" and then today… I have begun to think we need a change…

Please dont hate on me for this post  bc i cant believe im saying this….but its how i feel because i am so upset over this game and season…

HS is a legend..and a HUGE part of our program…he just isnt doing it for me.
Back to the top

FAUALUM2005 said

for the first time….after todays game…I am starting to think that as much as I love Coach HS…it may be time  to find someone that can be more involved. It hurts me to say this but after seeing him last weekend at MSU, and how he was so "out of touch" and then today… I have begun to think we need a change…

Please dont hate on me for this post  bc i cant believe im saying this….but its how i feel because i am so upset over this game and season…

HS is a legend..and a HUGE part of our program…he just isnt doing it for me.

Then don't hate me, either, because you're not the only one wondering.  I think it's still too early to point at the coaching, but when you return 18 starters and get worse, something is clearly wrong.  I'm not calling for heads, but it is something to think about as the season progresses.

Regardless, HS is one of the few coaches with de facto tenure.  He'll leave when he wants.
Back to the top

No accountability for the coaches or players. They have no heart and playing only for themselves - what has happened ?

We have plenty of "depth" - start replacing if you can't get the job done …. BEFORE we are losing by 35 points !!

"REACHER HIGHER" ?????
Back to the top

All of you people need to step back for a second here.  Today was horrendous, but replace HS?  Can't beat Troy, ASU, or MTSU?  Get real.  I thought we could win this game too, but let's get back to reality.  This isn't the end of the world.  We should know the routine by now…We go and play a BCS team on the road…we lose.  We are in basically the same position as last season.  Have you forgotten about UF, Kentucky, and OK State from last season?  Let's not jump ship just yet.  Things will look better once we play teams of equal talent.

Look, I'm disappointed too, we played a horrible game.  Too many dropped passes and mistakes. In the end though, all that matters is the Sun Belt.  We have 10 days to shake this off and prepare for MTSU.  If we are going to play our two worst games of the season, it may as well have been these two.

I have confidence in our players and coaching staff to correct this.  I'll start to panic if we are playing like this against SBC teams, until then, i'm just going to forget this game ever happened.
Back to the top

I am sorry fauowls44 but you sound like our coaches and players .. "oh well" ?!?!

That attitude will never get us to the next level.
Back to the top

The same amount of time has passed for both teams since last year's game and UMinn seems to have improved vastly more than FAU has during that time.

I wrote off the Texas loss, they are a great team. I accepted the MSU loss since it was close and MSU has a good team especially the RB Jarvon Ringer.

FAU just played horrible with no wind or rain or temperature conditions.

Now, I hate to bring this up here but, I think if the stadium keeps getting postponed, we can expect the team to stay about the level it is now. I don't see it getting better. We lose a bunch of experienced seniors this year.

Today some of the receivers reminded me of the guy in the movie "The Replacements". The receiver that had all the speed and the moves but couldn't catch the ball.

Today was a game we could have won. Thats the difference between this and Texas and MSU. 1AA Montana State and Northern Illinois gave UMinn more of a game than FAU by a long shot.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: