Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

to sum up

we got crushed by the bcs schools again and we beat a team that is ranked about 115th in the country and who lose to FIU. We've done absolutely nothing and probably regressed.

if we keep on playing like this ASU, Troy, MSU and everyone else will probably beat us.
Back to the top

Re: to sum up

Exit39 said

we got crushed by the bcs schools again and we beat a team that is ranked about 115th in the country and who lose to FIU. We've done absolutely nothing and probably regressed.

if we keep on playing like this ASU, Troy, MSU and everyone else will probably beat us.

I wasn't aware that UAB lost to FIU this year. Also, FIU played close with a very good USF team. Just to put things in perspective. If we do continue to play like we have, we will have a tough time in conference. I am still optimistic that things will get turned around. The talent is there. The execution is what is lacking. For me that means that the problems can be fixed.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Exit39 said

We got crushed last year by BCS schools and went on to win the conference. The season is far from over, but we do have our work cut out for us…..that's for sure

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

to sum up

owlfan1 said

I wasn't aware that UAB lost to FIU this year.

They didn't. They're 0-3.

They lost to Kansas 40-10.
Then they lost to Iowa 42-0.
And then they lost to USF 17-9.

They play Toledo next on 9/27.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

owlfan1 said

I wasn't aware that UAB lost to FIU this year.

They didn't. They're 0-3.

They lost to Kansas 40-10.
Then they lost to Iowa 42-0.
And then they lost to USF 17-9.

They play Toledo next on 9/27.

I know they didn't. I meant it sarcastically since what FIU and UAB did last year means nothing for this year.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

This is definetly not the start we were hoping for, but it is what it is.  I was hopin we would have some momentum going into our conference games, but it don't look that way.  The guys have 10 days to make something work, so hopefully they can fix whatever is broke, otherwise we are in for another long season.  I still have hope for our conference games, but it's fading, we gotta right the ship!    GO OWLS!

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

ncaafootball.com

fyi: schedule wins/loses (reference)

who knows more than the head coach?
Back to the top

knowITowl said

ncaafootball.com

Did Arky State really post 83 points in the 2nd game?  I cant remember the last time I remember hearing an 80+ point total for a team.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

knowITowl said

ncaafootball.com

Did Arky State really post 83 points in the 2nd game?

yep…

441 yards rushing

670 total yards…….
Back to the top

Exit39 said

I disagree!!!! We played good games to gain experience (once again) against those BCS teams but now we come down to our level in the Sun Belt and I think we will easily get back to basics and clean up this division. I expect one loss to perhaps Troy but we will bounce back to be very competitive and tough in the Sun Belt…
Back to the top
Control functions: