Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Observations from a fan......

Just random things I find myself saying or thinking during our games…….

- I think Charles Pierre should lock down the majority of carries (90-95%) for the rest of the season. He is much better than Edge, especially between the tackles.

- We are not at the level to make mental mistakes and turnovers and expect to give BCS schools a game.

- I thought we had speed in the secondary coming into this year. Why do we give opposing WRs such a big cushion off the LOS? I'm thinking our size hurts us.

- Jamari Grant and Harmon in two TE set next year should be nice.

- Lester Jean should be starting opposite Gent.

- F Joseph could be even better (how ridiculous does that sound) if our D-line would shield some blockers off of him.

- Overall, we look slower this year.

- Damn….we have absolutely no pass rush.

- I think Willie Rose is underused.

- This is the best receiver corp we have ever had at FAU.

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Re: Observations from a fan......

Pierre averaged 7 yards per carry against Minnesota. He should be getting the ball like you said.

I also feel that Rose is underutilized.

We need to get back to fundamentals.

In the past the coaching staff was able to right the ship after a big loss, not so much now.

Maybe some of the players are losing confidence in the system or maybe they just have far too much confidence in themselves and think that they as individuals are bigger than the system.

Despite bad performances against BCS opponents, the SBC is ours to lose.

A team with two losses in conference play could very well end up winning the championship this year.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Pierre averaged 7 yards per carry against Minnesota. He should be getting the ball like you said.

I also feel that Rose is underutilized.

We need to get back to fundamentals.

In the past the coaching staff was able to right the ship after a big loss, not so much now.

Maybe some of the players are losing confidence in the system or maybe they just have far too much confidence in themselves and think that they as individuals are bigger than the system.

Despite bad performances against BCS opponents, the SBC is ours to lose.

A team with two losses in conference play could very well end up winning the championship this year.

GO OWLS!!!

I think you right. Our team was listening to all the hype and predictions and forgot there was work to be done during the offseason and in camp to get there. Hopefully it's not too late to turn the ship around….

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Just catch the damn ball and everything else will take care of itself.
Back to the top

that would be nice……Bonner's drop in the endzone "dropped" any momentum we were building….

-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Observations from a fan......

It seems to me that our team lacks….marbles.

I know it's one factor in the college game that makes it so exciting, these are just kids, and the emotional swings can be huge in at the college level but we're leading the league in back breaking calls that go against us, bad snaps, dropped passes. You can almost set your watch by it right now, we'll show up, play well, one call doesn't go our way, or we make a mental mistake that the other team takes advantage of and crrrrack, we're done.

The sign of a good team is a team that can take that in-game adversity, recollect themselves and bounce back. We're not doing that right now.
Back to the top

We are also not playing the easiest teams now.  I be dropping snaps if I was playing in front of 98,000 fans and 200 of them are from Boca.  I think if we see these trends in Tuesday's game then we can set the timer.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

It seems to me that our team lacks….marbles.

Agree, let's fix that:

[move]GO OWLS, BEAT THE MUTS!!![/move]
Back to the top

AtlBryan said

We are also not playing the easiest teams now.  I be dropping snaps if I was playing in front of 98,000 fans and 200 of them are from Boca.  I think if we see these trends in Tuesday's game then we can set the timer.

ahhh but this team has faced those conditions before over the last 2 years. This should of been nothing new to them.

Tuesdays game IS critical. The team must perform well.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

AtlBryan said

ahhh but this team has faced those conditions before over the last 2 years. This should of been nothing new to them.

Tuesdays game IS critical. The team must perform well.

I dont think it is ever easy to play at somebody elses house in front of 100,000….no matter how many times you have done it before.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: