Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Quiet before the storm....

Wow….this board was quiet today….considering we have a nationally televised game tommorrow. Oddly enough, I think our behavior is mirroring what the team is doing…..no more talk, let's get down to business. I think this week we circled the wagons. Everyone says were down….good, let them think that. Tomorrow, I feel the turning point will appear and our season get back on track. Wouldn't be surprised to see an emotionally charged team come out of the gates…..

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Re: Quiet before the storm....

I am a bit weary of the outcome. I think tomorrow's game can really have a huge impact on the rest of the season and I have a feeling everyone else thinks that too. Even with a loss, we can still win the sunbelt, but if we do lose tomorrow we might see a brutal reality that we aren't as good we thought if we can't even beat MTSU. But I have faith in our team and still think we can and will win. We just have to play with confidence and be the team we know we can be without all the hype and everything else. Go Owls!
Back to the top

Quiet before the storm....

FAUfasho said

but if we do lose tomorrow we might see a brutal reality that we aren't as good we thought if we can't even beat MTSU.

Speaking of "can't even beat MTSU"

BlueRaiderZone copied and pasted a Ted Hutton quote on the MTSU Scout forum
Scout.com: Middle Tennessee Forums List

about how Middle "is not that good" (I think it's in reference to MTSU not being as good as the BCS teams we faced, not whether or not they're a solid SBC team) and now they're calling him an idiot, etc.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

FAUfasho said

but if we do lose tomorrow we might see a brutal reality that we aren't as good we thought if we can't even beat MTSU.

Speaking of "can't even beat MTSU"

BlueRaiderZone copied and pasted a Ted Hutton quote on the MTSU Scout forum
Scout.com: Middle Tennessee Forums List

about how Middle "is not that good" (I think it's in reference to MTSU not being as good as the BCS teams we faced, not whether or not they're a solid SBC team) and now they're calling him an idiot, etc.

LOL…how dare Ted say a 1-3(and 0-2 against the SBC) Middle team "is not that good"…what a moron!  ::)

The truth is that they aren't that good and we, as Sun Belt champs and pre-season favorites SHOULD beat them.  Now we have to go out and prove it.  If we can't beat them, then I guess we aren't that good.

That is why it has been so quiet around here lately.  I think we are more then good enough to win the SBC again, but I'm waiting to see it.  The past two weeks we ran into two pretty darn good football teams.  I think once we get onto the field with teams in our own conference, and the talent level evens out, we'll have a much easier time not just moving the ball, but finishing drives.  Maybe getting humbled the past couple of games was the best thing to happen to this team as it heads into SBC play.  Hopefully the Owls have used this long week to get their act together.  We'll find out tonight.

GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

LOL…how dare Ted say a 1-3(and 0-2 against the SBC) Middle team "is not that good"…what a moron!   ::)

Yeah well I think they overlook that to point to the Maryland win (which we congratulated them for)

fauowls44 said

The truth is that they aren't that good and we, as Sun Belt champs and pre-season favorites SHOULD beat them.  Now we have to go out and prove it.  If we can't beat them, then I guess we aren't that good.

I want to see what happens in the next two weeks before I say whether we're a good team or not. We looked good against UAB offensively. Defensively… well, it's not there and either it's not there because or the players or it's not there because of the coaching. It's probably a little bit of both and some have said that Coach's overall disgust/resistance to the spread may somehow contribute to his inability to stop it.

I think a couple of people on here even said that we're not lining up the right defensive formations to stop these guys.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

I think a couple of people on here even said that we're not lining up the right defensive formations to stop these guys.

De we have a defense?  Lol…
Back to the top

if we played well this season the spread we be FAU -10. since we haven't done anything its +3. there's no reason we shouldn't win the game by double digits.

If we do lose this game were done for the year, why would we run the table against troy and asu if we can't beat an 0-2 sunbelt team.

time to step up.

I wanted a lot more from this team this year but I'll take another new orleans trip.

show up tonight
Back to the top

I hate to lay it all on the line with one game but let's be honest here.  As Exit said, if we can't win this game how do we think we are going to beat Troy and/or ASU.  We might get lucky in one but I find it hard to believe we could win both.  The conference championship starts with this game tonight, we lose…it's a pipedream.

That said, I think Rusty pulls it together and has a big night on national television and our d-line gets pressure on their little QB and we pull this out with plenty to spare.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: