Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Too many people are jumping ship!!!!

Too many people seem to be cashing it in and abandoning any hope for this season. I admit things look pretty grim, but FAU can still win the SBC. Next week at Troy will be very telling and even if we lose I am in this for the long haul.

One year does not make a program. All of you who thought FAU had "arrived" after last year were wrong and all of you who think this season means doom for FAU are wrong. The program is still young and the guys need to learn how to play under pressure. Last year there were no expectations and the guys played late. This year the pressure is on and the team is crumbling. How they respond against Troy will tell us a lot.

Also, if we had won 13-7 against MTSU would people really feel that much better?

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: Too many people are jumping ship!!!!

owlfan1 said

Too many people seem to be cashing it in and abandoning any hope for this season. I admit things look pretty grim, but FAU can still win the SBC. Next week at Troy will be very telling and even if we lose I am in this for the long haul.

One year does not make a program. All of you who thought FAU had "arrived" after last year were wrong and all of you who think this season means doom for FAU are wrong. The program is still young and the guys need to learn how to play under pressure. Last year there were no expectations and the guys played late. This year the pressure is on and the team is crumbling. How they respond against Troy will tell us a lot.

Also, if we had won 13-7 against MTSU would people really feel that much better?

GO OWLS!!!

Umm…YES!

But I'm in no way jumping ship.  Never will.  It was a heartbreaking loss, but I'm still looking forward to next week.  If we can beat Troy, we are right back in the SBC hunt.  Win or lose, I'll always be an Owl.  It's just a very tough day today, but we'll get through it.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

Umm…YES!

But I'm in no way jumping ship.  Never will.  It was a heartbreaking loss, but I'm still looking forward to next week.  If we can beat Troy, we are right back in the SBC hunt.  Win or lose, I'll always be an Owl.  It's just a very tough day today, but we'll get through it.

Here is the thing. I would feel better if he had won 13-7, but that still doesn't change our inability to put points on the board. A win is a win, but had we not given up the late TD that doesn't really change how we played the game. It was awful giving up the TD, but I think we played poorly throughout much of the game so we should not use that TD to define the game.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Too many people seem to be cashing it in and abandoning any hope for this season.

"if you aren't for us, you are against us."

Bon voyage!
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

owlfan1 said

Too many people seem to be cashing it in and abandoning any hope for this season.

Bon voyage!

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya! It's 1 thing if we are all upset it's because we care but I don't think anyone on this board is going to say well… I'm not a fan of them anymore they had a bad season or they are having a bad season. If that's the case you're not a fan

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Too many people are jumping ship!!!!

Jab979 said

Florida_Owl said

owlfan1 said

Bon voyage!

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya! It's 1 thing if we are all upset it's because we care but I don't think anyone on this board is going to say well… I'm not a fan of them anymore they had a bad season or they are having a bad season. If that's the case you're not a fan

Plenty of people are talking that way and some fell off after the Minnesota loss.

It is a long season and we can still turn it around.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Let them jump…..just don't come looking for your spot when we get back into the SBC championship hunt…..

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

I said it at the end of last year, but we have arrived!, we now have bandwagon fans! ;D

Anyway, I'm an owl fan for life, and while I will complain I will never jump ship.  Hell, I'm a diehard dolphins fan, that should tell anyone about my dedication right there. :D

I've even grabbed a couple of new recruits who have no affiliation with the school at all.  I took them to the USF game, we all watched the NO bowl, and my buddy called me up the other day asking if I wanted to go to the FAU/FIU game cause he was going with or without me.  Sweet!

GO OWLS!

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Owl fan for life. There are only a few things that would make me not like the team, and losing isn't one of them.

Things like suspenctions for off-field behavior in large quantities, on-field fights (Miami), etc. would make me very dissapointed.

But I will never jump ship.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Im the last person that will jump ship for FAU. But i think a lot of people feel like i do.  Right now this team disgusts me and i have no desire to go watch them next week.  Of course though when next Tuesday rolls around there isnt anything thats gonna keep me from being at the game.  Its just the emotions of being a passionate fan.
Back to the top
Control functions: