Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The Big East!

I just want to know how can the FAU even talk about or say they sould be in the Big East when they only have won 1 SBC title... If anyone should be going to the Big East from the Sun Belt it should be Troy... Troy is consistently in the top 2 every year in the Belt, and If it was not for poor preformance last year against FAU we would have won the belt last year as well...
Back to the top

Re: The Big East!

First of all, I don't think you have heard FAU say they "should" be in the Big East.  Coach Schnellenberger says it is his goal, but he hasn't said that we deserve to be there right now.  Some fans say it, but so do some fans of just about every team in the Sun Belt.  Would we like to be?  Of course.  Getting into a BCS conference is and should be a goal of every I-A program.

The truth is, right now, you are right.  Troy, based soley on past success and facilities, would have claim to a spot in a bigger conference.  However, once FAU gets it's stadium built, and if our attendance continues to grow, given the size of this market, FAU would likely get more attention then Troy would from a BCS conference.  The same can be said about FIU and UCF.  If/when there is another conference shakeup, it's a pretty good bet a team from Florida will get the invite. 
Back to the top

Trojan1 said

Troy is consistently in the top 2 every year in the Belt…

What, three years? Lol…

You're 20-8 ALL TIME…….
Back to the top

The Big East!

I can't wait to watch you guys in your BCS bowl!

Maybe you will play Texas, or Michigan State, or maybe even Minnesota!! You guys will put some major points on those teams.

Next year I think you guys will be in the National Championship. And in the SEC.
Back to the top

I remember when FAU was our Homecomming game!!!! ::)
Back to the top

Paul said

I can't wait to watch you guys in your BCS bowl!

Maybe you will play Texas, or Michigan State, or maybe even Minnesota!! You guys will put some major points on those teams.

Next year I think you guys will be in the National Championship. And in the SEC.

Your reply

But seriously, being in a conference for a total of four years and being in the top two while the conference is regarded as the "doormat" of college football for all of those years, minus one, doesnt amount to much IMO  By the way, we won the year (last year) where it finally started to receive some sort of "credit".

Secondly, i dont recall anyone saying FAU "deserved" to be in TBE…just for the record ;)
Back to the top

And once again who is in the top 2 in the SBC this year and who is not!?! 
Back to the top

And for your information the SBC "Started" getting credit when we beat RICE 41 to 17 two years ago!!!
Back to the top

AND when Troy beat #17 Missouri, and Oklahoma St, and Gave Ohio St a run for their money this year being the score was 14 to 10 in the 4 quarter.!!!
Back to the top

Trojan1 said

And once again who is in the top 2 in the SBC this year and who is not!?!

Trojan1 said

And for your information the SBC "Started" getting credit when we beat RICE 41 to 17 two years ago!!!

Trojan1 said

AND when Troy beat #17 Missouri, and Oklahoma St, and Gave Ohio St a run for their money this year being the score was 14 to 10 in the 4 quarter.!!!

You're ignoring a crucial detail…which is, one more time:

No one asserted FAU should be in The Big East.

However, if you want to sing the praises of Troy, that's another story…and you should probably get a room, i mean a thread, with the other "visitors" :)

Back to the top