Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

What I haven't heard...

I haven't heard anyone question the flag on the MUTS final drive where their QB was over the line. I believe it was on 3rd down and the pass went for 30some yards. That play reminded me of USF vs. Kansas, where near the end of the game KU was driving and their QB was flaged for being over the line before throwing the ball. As a matter of fact, it looked exactly the same and they flag was thrown against the MUTS but was picked up! Maybe I'm just reaching for a reason but this really sticks me in my side  >:(
Back to the top

Re: What I haven't heard...

b_rider72 said

I haven't heard anyone question the flag on the MUTS final drive where their QB was over the line. I believe it was on 3rd down and the pass went for 30some yards. That play reminded me of USF vs. Kansas, where near the end of the game KU was driving and their QB was flaged for being over the line before throwing the ball. As a matter of fact, it looked exactly the same and they flag was thrown against the MUTS but was picked up! Maybe I'm just reaching for a reason but this really sticks me in my side  >:(

That call was strange to me.  I thought the rule was that if you step over the line of scrimmage, you couldn't throw the ball…when did it become that you CAN throw if only part of your body is over the line?  And besides that,  how could the refs possibly make that call seeing it live speed?  At least use replay to see if he was over the line completely.  It was odd to me, but I don't blame that on the loss…if we knock down that last pass it wouldn't have made a difference. 
Back to the top

I have the game on DVD and can check it out...when was that...cant remember...fourth quarter??
Back to the top

Even if they used the review what's the point? They would have come back and said he still had 1 foot behind the line. What should have been called was a flag on MTSU for a late hit on Rusty out of bounds but again that's not why we lost

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

I have the game on DVD and can check it out…when was that…cant remember…fourth quarter??

it was on the MUTS final drive, there were on their side of the field and it was a third and long.

Jab979 said

Even if they used the review what's the point? They would have come back and said he still had 1 foot behind the line. What should have been called was a flag on MTSU for a late hit on Rusty out of bounds but again that's not why we lost

my point in this post is that all these things add up and if the call was reviewable then why not review it because it looked controversial to me. and that late hit on Rusty for sure should have been made! the only direct reason why we lost was the TD but all these other things added up to that
Back to the top

There was another call for holding against the Owls defense on the first MTSU touchdown that seemed completely bogus in the 4th.  The refs even took a minute to figure out which side to call it on.  ESPN did no replay to show the holding and when I replayed it in slow motion on TIVO there was obvious offensive holding at the line where the flag came in.  I think the refs got the wrong color on that call.
Did I miss the hold?  I was a number of beers into it at that point.  ???
Back to the top

What I haven't heard...

owlcoholic said

There was another call for holding against the Owls defense on the first MTSU touchdown that seemed completely bogus in the 4th.  The refs even took a minute to figure out which side to call it on.  ESPN did no replay to show the holding and when I replayed it in slow motion on TIVO there was obvious offensive holding at the line where the flag came in.  I think the refs got the wrong color on that call.

Yeah, that call made no sense either.  They showed the flag, then showed Craddock all pissed off and yelling, then the next shot was the ref calling holding on FAU.  It made no sense, and I didn't see any holding on the replay.  Again, it shouldn't have mattered because they never should have scored on the hail mary, but there were some questionable calls in the game.
Back to the top

Immediately reminded me of Majkowski for the Packers against the Bears in '92, I think.

The Bears, to this day, do not recognize the loss in their media guide, nor should they.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

owlcoholic said

Yeah, that call made no sense either.  They showed the flag, then showed Craddock all pissed off and yelling, then the next shot was the ref calling holding on FAU.  It made no sense, and I didn't see any holding on the replay.  Again, it shouldn't have mattered because they never should have scored on the hail mary, but there were some questionable calls in the game.

I have to admit I forgot about that unitl you guys brought it up.  That was really weird, Craddock KNEW his guys did something wrong, he was pissed, than all of a sudden "Holding, FAU".  I didn't understand, but the announcers were too busy "servicing" eachother under the desk playing with their stupid interactive polls to notice it.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

duder said

fauowls44 said

owlcoholic said

but the announcers were too busy "servicing" eachother under the desk playing with their stupid interactive polls to notice it.

HAHAHAHHAHA  :o

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top
Control functions: