Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Tuseday night classes

i dont know how they do it at other schools but i would assume if fsu, uf, or even usf the other night if they had a big weeknight game they would cancel classes that night. Fau wants to look good  on Tuesday why not give every student the opportunity to go and cancel Tuesday night classes.
Back to the top

Re: Tuseday night classes

Looking for a way out of class…..huh owlcountry40

I don't agree that they should cancel classes cause there are some ppl that won't want to go and ppl pay a lot of money for their educations…..BUT

I do think that the classes that count attenfance shouldn't count this day against any student that wants to go to the game…..just bring in a dollar program to prove you went to the game???
Back to the top

HAHA I feel your pain. I have a Tuesday night class as well at the Ft. Lauderdale campus, and its a MID-TERM!!! After battling with my teacher and band director (the game is a grade for band) Im going to take my exam at 5pm so I can get to the game. It sucks having an exam the same night but at least Im not missing the game anymore  :)

AEA
Back to the top

dmarkey said

HAHA I feel your pain. I have a Tuesday night class as well at the Ft. Lauderdale campus, and its a MID-TERM!!! After battling with my teacher and band director (the game is a grade for band) Im going to take my exam at 5pm so I can get to the game. It sucks having an exam the same night but at least Im not missing the game anymore  :)

You shouldn't have to battle with your teacher. Students are excused for university sponsored events. That doesn't mean that you don't have to take the exam. It does mean that you can re-schedule. Having you cut it close with the game is not a good way for the instructor to handle it in my opinion.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

dmarkey said

That's what i call true dedication…….
Back to the top

My teacher is an adjunct and just wouldn't bend about me rescheduling it but she and my band director spoke on the phone and agreed that it would start early (at 5pm instead of 6pm). Normally teachers are cool with stuff like this but not this one. LOL. Pre-game shouldn't start until 7:30 so I'm just going to class in my costume, hair and makeup. I'm gonna look weird but oh well! GO OWLS!!!!  :)

AEA
Back to the top

Tuseday night classes

Dmarkey…..glad to see that you'll be able to make it! Good luck on the exam.  The game wouldn't be the same without you there!
Back to the top

There have been rumors that some students and/or admins are looking for a creative and nice way to say "don't hold it against students who don't show up" but don't want it stated publicly in a memo kinda thing.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

i dont know how they do it at other schools but i would assume if fsu, uf, or even usf the other night if they had a big weeknight game they would cancel classes that night. Fau wants to look good  on Tuesday why not give every student the opportunity to go and cancel Tuesday night classes.

It's a nice idea but it would never happen. The school is academics first, football second, and taking the night off so you can look good on TV for a football game would undermine the academics.

Just saying… that's how they'd look at it.
Back to the top

Maybe not cancel classes but Maybe the school should just tell the professes not to hold it against students who miss class that day ;)
Back to the top
Control functions: