Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Around the Belt: Oct. 4th

There are only two game scheduled for Saturday:

Games:

Florida International at North Texas - 7:00pm ET

This is a game that the Golden Kitties should win, they have some nice momentum built-up form last weeks win against Toledo  - confidence after a nice road victory does a lot for a team trying to find themselves and they should be able to keep the momentum going.  The Mean Green just aren't very mean right now.

The only things that could happen for the panthers, is a let down after a big win.

Yet, I don't see it happening and this could get them rolling in the right direction and could help define their season.

Louisiana-Lafayette at Louisiana-Monroe - 7:00pm ET

A Rivalry type of game and is a toss-up in my book with the Warhawks having the edge because of home field advantage.

Expect some points to be put on the score board in this one.

Back to the top

Re: Around the Belt: Oct. 4th

Ark St may end up being the best team in Arkansas this year....looks like another loss for the Hogs.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

Ark St may end up being the best team in Arkansas this year….looks like another loss for the Hogs.

Couldn't happen to a nicer coach. Petrino or Saban not sure who is more of an A-Hole

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Well I guess I'd go with the A-hole that wins (Saban) over the A-hole who loses.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Around the Belt: Oct. 4th

Score updates:

FIU 14 UNT 0
ULL 13 ULM 3
Back to the top

Bytor said

Score updates:

FIU 14 UNT 0
ULL 13 ULM 3

21-0 FIU…I've watched some of the game.  UNT has to be the worst team in the country…at the very least top 5 worst.  I guess "Dodge-ball" doesn't include playing any defense.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Bytor said

Score updates:

FIU 14 UNT 0
ULL 13 ULM 3

21-0 FIU…I've watched some of the game.  UNT has to be the worst team in the country…at the very least top 5 worst.  I guess "Dodge-ball" doesn't include playing any defense.

Or offense, apparently.  It's looking more and more like UNT's gonna run the table.
Back to the top

The said

fauowls44 said

Bytor said

Score updates:

FIU 14 UNT 0
ULL 13 ULM 3

Or offense, apparently.  It's looking more and more like UNT's gonna run the table.

Yikes…that is one terrible team right now. 
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

The said

fauowls44 said

Bytor said

Score updates:

FIU 14 UNT 0
ULL 13 ULM 3

It's 35-3 now. FIU is doing very well.

I knew FIU would get into a better position offensively when they started McCall. Their reciever, Hilton, looks legit as well.

There is pretty much NOBODY at that game. When the camera pans up (for kickoffs, etc) you can see that there are probably 500 people at the game.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

fauowls44 said

The said

fauowls44 said

Bytor said

Score updates:

FIU 14 UNT 0
ULL 13 ULM 3

It's 35-3 now. FIU is doing very well.

I knew FIU would get into a better position offensively when they started McCall. Their reciever, Hilton, looks legit as well.

There is pretty much NOBODY at that game. When the camera pans up (for kickoffs, etc) you can see that there are probably 500 people at the game.

It's now 42-3.

UNT has now given up 119 points in the past 2 games.

There was people there when the game started.  Not a whole lot, maybe 7K-8K, but i'm sure that many have left by now. 
Back to the top
Control functions: