Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Getting Ready for Troy

Getting Ready for Troy

Not enough talk about Troy and too much feeling sorry for ourselves.

One thing that has become clear over the past couple of weeks is that non-conference losses mean little when it comes to conference play. I take FIU as an example. They had virtually no offense to speak of in their non-conference games and all of a sudden they are lighting up the scoreboard against conference opponents. What does this mean for FAU?? Poor play over the past few weeks should not be a reason to discount FAU in conference play. Sure the MTSU game was a mess. FAU moved the ball but just didn't put points on the board. If we can turn long drives into points we will be very competetive in the SBC.

Looking ahead to Troy:

Numerous people have noted the parity that exists in the SBC. That should make for an exciting conference season. Troy will come out ready to play against FAU. I think FAU will also correct some of the mistakes that we saw in previous games. The FAU defense looked good against MTSU and the offense moved the ball. I am confident that the Troy game will be close and FAU should notch a conference victory.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: Getting Ready for Troy

I am hoping that getting Nick Paris back and the O-line back in their original positions, will help Rusty get his confidence back. If this change does not help, adjustments will need to be made quickly. I would expect that Jeff Van Camp as well as the other backups have been practicing much this week and will be prepared to step in.

Playing at home will be a tremendous help - our Owls will be back in their comfort zone. These last 3 weeks have been tough and have  brought us back to reality. We have much to prove on Tuesday with a well executed game and a BIG win on national TV. I know our Owls can do it !

Complacency and "lack of execution" will no longer be accepted in the Owls vocabulary.

Go Owls - DESTROY TROY !!
Back to the top

They know that is now or never…turn on stove and lets get cooking!

DESTROY TROY!

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

The Owls definately have to take control of this situation.

After a dissapointing start to the season, this has to be where they turn things around.  The oppurtunity to play Troy at home is where they can get themselves out of the hole and turn the second half of the season into a successful run at the SBC title.  A win here will boost their confidence and  help gain momentum.  Another reason they have to take advantage, no more home games until November.
Back to the top
Control functions: