Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Day: FAU vs Troy

Add topic

Game Day: FAU vs Troy

Here is the thread for today's game.

Radio Broadcast: Fox 640AM - FAU vs Troy, 7:45pm

Link:Chat Room CLOSED

Back to the top

Re: Game Day: FAY s Troy

This is one of the biggest games for the Owls this season.

Last year we went into this game hitting on all cylinders, this year it's more like we are sputtering into this game.

Our offense ran into a pretty good Middle Tennessee defense and was not allowed to really find the confidence it needed and now faces another must win game if they have any ambitions of repeating as conference champs.

It's not going to be any easier and will be facing a better offense in the Trojans.

We need to start focusing on the little thing & FINISH.

On offense we need to take what the defense gives us and allows the big plays to develop and stop forcing them to happen & do a better job of protecting the ball.  If we don't improve in the red-zone, then we will continue to struggle on offense.

Still to many mental mistakes being made, dumb penalties taken, passes being dropped ……….

If the defense can give us a repeat performance from last week, it should give the offense the chance to do it's thing.

Hopefully the players have been humbled & are now ready to get down to business.

The Trojans are looking for revenge from last year and the Owls will have to match their intensity early or the game could get ugly early & the way the Owls have been playing, I just don't think they will have it in them to come from behind.  So, a good start for the Owls is important.

Come out hungry & on FIRE.

A close game FAU 27 Trojans 24

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

hello everyone,

this is my first post and i just wanted to say hello. i think this year's matchup is going to be extremely heated.  after yall came into our house and beat us last season (and kept us out of a bowl) both the team and the fans are ready for revenge.

this year's team lacks the name recognition of QB Omar Haugabook (2-time All-Sun Belt), WR Gary Banks (2-time All-Sun Belt) and RB Kenny Cattouse.  Those three players can never be replaced, but Troy has three kids who have done a great job in their absence.  QB Jamie Hampton (true sophmore) is in his first season as a starter.  The lefty has proven he is capable, but is young and makes mistakes.  He is a duel threat guy like Omar was, and may be a step faster than Haugabook.  RB DuJuan Harris has been the biggest surprise.  Harris was not recruited by anyone except 1-AA FAMU.  Troy picked him up in the last week of recruitment.  He has become one of our most explosive playmakers.  Harris combines speed, vision, and strength to bring an outstanding all around 'back to the table.  He has solidified himself as a crucial piece to the Trojan offensive attack.  Finally, there is Jerrel Jernigan.  The phenom, the MAN…this kid is the real deal.  Jernigan played QB in highschool, but was moved to receiver.  He played behind Gary Banks for a year and the learning opportunity was not wasted.  Jernigan is all about speed.  He has great hands and the moves to make men miss after the ball is in his hands.  Watch out for these three, we call them the 3 Amigos.  Our offense has really become centered around these three players, and they have justified the attention.  All true sophmores, the Amigos will be a dangerous tandom for the next few years, so get ready!

Anyways, I won't be able to make it down because of work, but i'll be watching on ESPN2.  Hope you guys are as pumped as we are, the excitement is almost too much to handle.

GO TROY!

"This is Troy's conference. We just play in it. There are some people who claim that no one can separate themselves in the SBC on talent alone. They are wrong." - CajunNation
Back to the top

Re: Game Day: FAU vs. Troy

Welcome to the board.  I don't have much to add…I just wanted to point out that the title of the thread has top be fixed.

Anyway, I think this will be a very competitive game.  Hopefully FAU snaps out of their slump and puts it all together this week.

GO OWLS!!
Back to the top

Just wanted to throw another GO OWLS! out there.

I am trying a new strategy this week, not wearing any team apparel during the game.  It has worked for my dolphins the last two games, so I figure I'll try it with FAU.  So if we win tonight you guys can all thank me. ;D

GO OWLS! DESTROY TROY!

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Re: Game Day: FAU vs Troy

I am going NUTS! My ESPN360 isnt working, the damn radio broadcast isnt working either, I am forced to watch gamecast!!

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Troy is sacking the crap out of Rusty...broke the season record.

2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

10-3...lucky to get out of that, holding them to a field goal.

Back to the top

This is getting ridiculous. No fundementals whatsoever.
Back to the top

this is sad:(
Back to the top
Control functions: