Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Stadium Construction to begin in Feb?

Add topic

This from Kimberly Miller's PBP Blog:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/extracredit/entries/2008/10/07/fau_stadium_construction_begin_1.html

FAU Stadium Construction Begins in February
By Kimberly Miller | Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 01:30 PM

This popped up on the Businesswire.com today, announcing that James A. Cummings, which has an office in West Palm Beach, is doing preconstruction on Florida Atlantic University’s stadium. According to the item, construction will begin in February 2009 under a “joint venture agreement” where Cummings will have a 45 percent interest in the contract. Not sure what all that means, but I’m asking FAU for more details.

So has James A. Cummings bought the development rights?

If this is accurate, this is EXCELLENT news!  Hopefully there is more confirmation of this soon.

Back to the top

Re: Stadium Construction to begin in Feb?

fauowls44 said

If this is accurate, this is EXCELLENT news!  Hopefully there is more confirmation of this soon.

Not accurate at all…

Florida_Owl said

illinoisowl said

I'm not sure how the dorms were to be funded but a bond issue would have to be the best option right now.

February will be here before we know it…….

;)
Back to the top

Great news.

DESTROY TROY!!!
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

fauowls44 said

Not accurate at all…

Florida_Owl said

illinoisowl said

I'm not sure how the dorms were to be funded but a bond issue would have to be the best option right now.

;)

Send me the date. I will be there with shovel in hand.  ;D

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Florida_Owl said

fauowls44 said

Not accurate at all…

Florida_Owl said

illinoisowl said

;)

Send me the date. I will be there with shovel in hand.  ;D

GO OWLS!!!

I am going to take a day off work, lay on the hood of my car with a 12 pack and watch them for an entire day building that thing when start construction.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I'd like to hear more details, but atleast it's some positive news.  The term "pre-construction" services can mean a lot of things.  And a 45% interest in the deal gives them a lot of power.  It seems like they will have several "outs" with that much ownership.  But if it gets us a stadium for 2010, then awesome.  Hopefully we hear more about this.  That company has some SERIOUS jobs going on though, lots of money.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

duder said

I'd like to hear more details, but atleast it's some positive news.  The term "pre-construction" services can mean a lot of things.  And a 45% interest in the deal gives them a lot of power.

Exactly!

Now you see why they were waiting so long…they didnt wan to give that up…

im just glad all the whining, etc will now cease!

Lol
Back to the top

Stadium Construction to begin in Feb?

Good to hear something is happening

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Back to the top

Off topic question, but indirectly related:

How did Marcus get reassigned, and she is still doing this?
Back to the top
Control functions: