Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Joke of a season.

Complete joke. embarrassing. its honestly embarrassing. there's nothing positive from this season at all. there's nothing left to prove. Will be lucky to win two more games. Our defense sucks, missed tackles, stupid penalties. Our offense is a joke. Special teams, don't even need to mention. Don't even want to get into the coaching. Also, we don't have a tight ends, there WIDE RECEIVERS.

Back to the top

Re: Joke of a season.

As bad as it may seem we are playing very poorly and still hanging with teams. We can compete with anybody in the conference if we eliminate mistakes.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Joke of a season.

It's rare to see a team completely fall apart from one year to the next. This team looked completely unprepared and without focus from the beginning. The coaching staff has to answer a lot of questions. The way the team has embarrassed itself on national tv in such a crucial year is unacceptable.
Back to the top

The killer is that most of the problems are mental mistakes that can easily be fixed. It all comes down to discipline and execution. I just don't understand why they have not fixed the problems yet.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Well that about wraps up the season…..Props to Troy they played a hell of a game and i hope their QB can get better for their sake.  They'll be a shoe in to win the Belt.  Only two things could make this season somewhat bearable:

1. Stadium plans announced ASAP.

2. Shula Bowl victory.

Other than that, it's time to start looking forward to recruiting and hope for an entertaining basketball season.

Go Owls.
Back to the top

The said

Well that about wraps up the season…..Props to Troy they played a hell of a game and i hope their QB can get better for their sake.  They'll be a shoe in to win the Belt.  Only two things could make this season somewhat bearable:

1. Stadium plans announced ASAP.

2. Shula Bowl victory.

Other than that, it's time to start looking forward to recruiting and hope for an entertaining basketball season.

Go Owls.

Hey guys I just got back from the game. Word is Jamie Hampton is done for the year.  You guys aren't as bad as it seems, but dropped passes are killing you. Penalties at the worst times are killing you.  Good luck with a stadium I think that would certainly help you fan base. Good luck the rest of the season.

Go Troy Go
Back to the top

Dropped passes are one thing….bad penalties are another but the coaching!?  Specifically….why did we burn time at the end of the first half when we had three timeouts and way over two minutes on the clock!!!???  What the hell??  We let over 30 seconds burn off and THEN call timeout?  There is zero killer instinct.  Some of the offensive and defensive play decisions are becoming extremely suspect.  Rushing three on a regular basis when rushing more has been successful multiple times!?  Throwing long on 3rd and 1?????

Tonight….I have been Godsmacked.    :'(
Back to the top

Throwing long on 3rd and 1??

Oh yea forgot about that one. BAD IDEA. When are you guys going to get a stadium?

Go Troy Go
Back to the top

There are a few really good players on this team. Frantz Joseph to name one. The commentators, which included Lou Holtz, mentioned him a number of times and expect him to go NFL. But I agree with Grayowl, this is an overrated team. I really don't know what happened from last year to this year. It is one thing to lose, it is another thing to lose really ugly. That was another ugly one.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Hard to disagree with what a disappointment this season has been so far.

First quarter was as bad as it could get - so many penalties, mental mistakes and poor execution  :'(

With so many mistakes in the first half, we were very fortunate to ONLY be down by 7 pts at the half - about the only positive in that first half & we did nothing to build on that good fortune.

Special teams cost us BIG last night, and we continued the put the defense in bad situations all night & giving Troy good if not excellent field position (like spotting the ball on the 4 yard line  :P).

Every time we did anything good on offense or defense we did something dumb to stop ourselves  :-[

I just don't have answers to what is aligning this team, but there was definitely some questionably calls last night. One already mentioned - going long on 3&1 when we needed first downs and gain some momentum at the time.  After Edge got 7 yards on a 1st down run, it was then time to throw down field, instead we ran a very predictable running play & Troy was ready for it.  I also don't get why after scoring the last TD, with different personnel on the field we go back to individuals who have not been getting it done & the last drive had the same old result - nothing good.  Why not stay with the same players that got the job done on the previous drive, at least Wilkes was catching the ball, and it just seemed to me on that one drive the offense actually was on the same page.

There are some many to list ……… :P

Back to the top
Control functions: