Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Curse of the SBC Favorite

After witnessing the amount of mistakes and miscues last night that cost us the game, I'm convinced more then ever that we are cursed.  No team over the last 3 or 4 seasons that has gone into the season as the SBC favorite has won the league.  Everything that possibly could go wrong, has gone wrong this season.  It started in the spring when Harmon was lost for the season.  Then during training camp with more injuries to Paris, St. Claire, etc.  Now it has continued during the season…The torential downpour in Mich. St…the hail mary last week…dropped passes….bad snaps…balls bouncing off an upman's head on a kick off….too many turnovers…waaay too many penalties…I could go on, but it would take too long.

Not much I can think of to say…it is just one of those seasons so far.  Last year so many things went right…this year nothing has.  They say the Universe balances itself out, but it usually doesn't happen quite so quickly.

Where do we go from here?  The games certainly get a lot more winnable with WKU, UNT, ULM, ULL, and FIU remaining.  The toughest game is Ark. State on the road.  The conference title is a long shot at this point, but if we can eliminate some of the mistakes, we could/should win at least 4 or 5 more games and get some respectablity back.  This season has been a nightmare so far, but let's at least finish it on a high note.

Oh, and course if they can get a stadium deal completed, to me, this season would be a success no matter what has happened on the field.  Let's get it done already!

Even though this season has gone horribly wrong….GO OWLS!!
Back to the top

Re: Curse of the SBC Favorite

Curse of the SBC Favorite

North Texas is still in the bottom thanks to the curse of the SBC crown.

I think Arkie might win it this year round…but watch out for FIU.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

North Texas is still in the bottom thanks to the curse of the SBC crown.

I think Arkie might win it this year round…but watch out for FIU.

FIU could very well be the darkhorse this year. Whether they win it all or not, they'll definitely be in the games that decide who wins it.
Back to the top

After yesterday I am convinced we are cursed. I saw Jarrid Smith at the game  - we need him on the sidelines, maybe at practice to give a pep talk, we certainly need him to bring the Seminole Tribe to uncurse our team.

Before games, are they still burning the stick and spreading the ashes on the field ? If not, we need to return to that tradition.

Back to the top

For the next game I think we need to sacrifice a live chicken.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I dont think it's a curse so much as players getting over confident. Look at Troy last year, we had the belt in our pockets until the last game when our team marked the game a W before it even started. This year I think your players and coach's let the press talk for them and not talk on the field. As long as we can get our QB situation sorted out we should still have a great shot at taking the belt. Good luck to you guys on the rest of the season maybe your coaches or players can figure out whats wrong.
Back to the top
Control functions: