Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

What's the word on Troy's QB?

What's the word on Troy's QB?

I heard torn ACL, most likely out for rest of the season…

This may have an affect on the way things shake up for the rest of the league; as they are clearly a top tier SBC team this season…
Back to the top

Re: What's the word on Troy's QB?

Yup…and predictably, according to their message board, FAU is accused of being a dirty team because of it.  Apparently we intentionally injured their QB, a RB from MTSU, and the QB from Memphis in the Bowl game last year.  Supposedly we are a menace and complaints should be filed… ::)

Jeez, if we had the ability to "take out" players at will, don't you think we would have more then 1 win so far this season?  Perhaps, we'd injure them earlier in the game so they wouldn't score on us.  It's an asinine assertion that any one on FAU is out to hurt anyone or the coaching staff is "ordering" them to do so.

Back to the top

In an article on ESPN.com the Troy QB was quoted as saying that he wasn't sure if it was a cheapshot or not but he felt someone dive into his legs.

Since he brought up the word "cheapshot" that indicates that he thinks it was. They showed the play multiple times on ESPN2 during the game and it appeared to be completely accidental. He simply went down in an awkward fashion.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

These accusations are absurd.  Injuries are going to happen its football.  If we are such a dirty playing team then we would be getting personal foul penalties called against us for these so called dirty plays.  Yeah our defense plays aggressive but is within the rules of the game.  Its completely rediculous for people to think our players are intentionally trying to injure opposing players.  Thats like saying our defense intentionally injured Harmon who is probably our best offensive player in the spring game.
Back to the top

I agree…

BUT, i think we seriously need to stop it with the late hits and rediculous "emotional" penalties…like the Cziepenga (spelled it worng i know) throw down…there is no place for that…

Think that is feeding this mindset that we are a "dirty team"…

Back to the top

He is out for the season:

"While we are on the topic of Troy, it should be interesting to see how the Trojans recover from losing quarterback Jamie Hampton for the year. Hampton injured his knee in a win over Florida Atlantic. UNT will get to see how Troy deals with that loss in a couple of weeks when the Trojans come to Fouts Field."

Link

Back to the top
Control functions: