Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Don't Feel Bad Owls....

Add topic

Texas beat #1 Oklahoma…they are officially in the run for the national championship

Minnesota is now 6-1…wow

Michigan State is playing right now, but if they win will also be 6-1.

Playing three of the best teams in the nation in the first few weeks is bound to mess with the idea that we are any good….and I think it got into the collective head of the team.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Re: Don't Feel Bad Owls....

Don't Feel Bad Owls....

I agree, I don't think ANY of us thought the teams we played would be this good and I think that had a MAJOR influence on the team's confidence which in turn greatly hindered their playing. We know this team is capable of being very good. The only reason I can think of that would hinder this team's playing, is just its all in their head. Anyways, probs to Texas and Minn today.
Back to the top

All top 25…

Back to the top

Where are MTSU and Troy ranked?
Back to the top

The said

I was just meaning the 3 OOC losses…….

But Troy is 80 and MTSU is 102 on CBS 120…

Minny isnt top 25 now, but i bet they will be Monday…….
Back to the top

The said

They are low. The plus is that we played very poorly in both games and still were in it into the 4th quarter. The point is that FAU has talent. We lack discipline. Discipline can be fixed. Talent cannot.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

We went into Texas thinking we could beat them based on what Ark St and UCF were able to do….well turns out they might be the best team in the nation..

We went into Michigan State thinking they would be mediocre at best….turns out they have a guy in the running for the Heisman and are a top 25 team.

We went into Minnesota assuming they would still be rebuilding…turns out they are also a top 25 team that looks nothing like last year.

Those 3 losses, understimations (even on Texas) caused us to start thinking we were worse than we are, couple that with the loss of leadership to steady the boat has caused a general break down in discipline and focus.

Although the number of starters we lost was low from graduation, we lost many to injuries…and it seems both the injured and the graduated were the leaders of last years team that allowed us to win close games, come from behind, etc.

I hope it can be fixed, I fear it may not…especially since it is in Rustys head that he needs to fix it, and everyone will blame him.

2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

I hope it can be fixed, I fear it may not…especially since it is in Rustys head that he needs to fix it, and everyone will blame him.

And on top of Rob Housler's…….
Back to the top

Texas is #1 (no I wasnt taken over by a Longhorn hacker)

Back to the top

OOC BCS conference schools now 18-1! And even 15-1 taking our games out of the picture. They have started very strong and broken our confidence and discipline. Coaches, this is what you are paid for, how does an individual or even full team handle adversity? It is all easy when you are winning!
We battled Texas and but for a few errors early were stlill in the game at the half. We battled Michigan State all the way and again, but for a few bad mistakes the game could have gone either way. Minnesota sucked though!!!!
Come on coaches and players, where are your marbles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: