Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU

I know it is a little early but....they sure do look pretty good
Back to the top

Re: FIU

They're better than we are right now.
Back to the top

I said it a few weeks ago…FIU is not going to be a pushover for us. They beat Toledo, who beat Michigan. They beat MTSU by 10….

They held USF to a close game…

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

I said it a few weeks ago…FIU is not going to be a pushover for us. They beat Toledo, who beat Michigan. They beat MTSU by 10….

They held USF to a close game…

Yeah and we don't get back our swagger, they're probably going to outscore us too.

Back to the top

They kind of remind me of FAU last year. An explosive offense that came out of nowhere. I have no doubt that if FIU played FAU right now, they would blow the Owls out.
Back to the top

A few weeks ago I didn't think that they had any offense. They really struggled offensively against USF and since then they have found a rythm and they have been putting up some serious points.

They have had the talent. They are finally putting it together. As we have seen from FAU this year talent without execution and discipline means nothing. FIU has finally found the other two ingredients and it shows.

I picked them for 3-5 wins preseason. The way they look now they could make a run for the title.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

I did say that we were gonna turn this thing around, right now that is looking true. Now the real test is Troy, then Arkansas State. But if we can pull off one of those games, we might have something going.
Back to the top

That new Attitude campaign worked I guess...and settling down and picking McCall was a good choice.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

FIU

posterchild said

I did say that we were gonna turn this thing around, right now that is looking true. Now the real test is Troy, then Arkansas State. But if we can pull off one of those games, we might have something going.

I want to see FIU beat a good team first before I consider them a real contender this year.  Not taking anything away from you guys, you have won the games which is what you are supposed to do, but Toledo(even after the Michigan win), UNT, and MTSU(I guess all those MTSU fans angry at Ted Hutton now know that he's right about you…if not for our inability to knock down a hail mary pass, they would be 0-4 in SBC play), aren't very good teams.  Like you said, looks like the real tests will be Troy, Ark Stat, and even ULL…and hopefully us, if we can somehow get our acts together(not for the conference title, but to at least keep the Shula Bowl trophy).  A lot of times, it is all about the schedule.  FIU hit a soft spot in their schedule and has taken full advantage.  Let's see if they can carry the momentum over into the tougher games.  That is the way FAU did it last year.  They got some wins early against the bottom of the Belt and that confidence carried us through the rest of the season.

Question for you FIU fans…how was the crowd at your 2nd game at the new place?  They announced 15K, was it actually that amount or what it less?
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

posterchild said

I want to see FIU beat a good team first before I consider them a real contender this year.  Not taking anything away from you guys, you have won the games which is what you are supposed to do, but Toledo(even after the Michigan win), UNT, and MTSU(I guess all those MTSU fans angry at Ted Hutton now know that he's right about you…if not for our inability to knock down a hail mary pass, they would be 0-4 in SBC play), aren't very good teams.  Like you said, looks like the real tests will be Troy, Ark Stat, and even ULL…and hopefully us, if we can somehow get our acts together(not for the conference title, but to at least keep the Shula Bowl trophy).  A lot of times, it is all about the schedule.  FIU hit a soft spot in their schedule and has taken full advantage.  Let's see if they can carry the momentum over into the tougher games.  That is the way FAU did it last year.  They got some wins early against the bottom of the Belt and that confidence carried us through the rest of the season.

Question for you FIU fans…how was the crowd at your 2nd game at the new place?  They announced 15K, was it actually that amount or what it less?

The truth is the crowd seemed identical (size-wise) to the crowd at the USF game which was around 17K. The east endzone is the student section and that was packed. The club seating area had many patches in it, the north side was completely packed and the west endzone was pretty empty. So yeah, 15K seems about right. The crowd was very into the game and there seemed to be A LOT of people and a lot of students. Since a lot of the dorms are across the street, many dorm kids didn't leave the housing quad until 6:40-ish which created a huge waiting line to get into the stadium for a good half hour. I didn't get in until 7:15 and I was waiting outside since 6:50.
Back to the top
Control functions: