Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Speaking of FIU.....

I just woke up this morning to the news that FIU beat Middle Tennessee yesterday, 31-21, AND look at their current record:  3-3 and 2-0 in the Sun Belt Conference. According to the Sun-Sentinel, "Two years after a winless season, and one year after a one-win season, they could be developing into the unlikeliest of conference contenders."

If there was no mention of FIU in this article, I thought I was reading about FAU (but last season's team write-ups).

They just might make it to the belt championship this year, but at least they have the facilities to play games at home. We're still anxiously waiting and hoping that the god-awful performances this year isn't totally undermining the financing end of the Innovation Village project.

Regardless of how good (or BAD) our team has been playing, I'm supporting the team, now matter how dejected I am from what I saw last week (and the week before that).

If this is the year that FIU goes to the N.O. Bowl, then they deserve to go because they're hungry to achieve that goal (just like FAU last year).
Back to the top

Re: Speaking of FIU.....

illinoisowl16 said

I just woke up this morning to the news that FIU beat Middle Tennessee yesterday, 31-21, AND look at their current record:  3-3 and 2-0 in the Sun Belt Conference. According to the Sun-Sentinel, "Two years after a winless season, and one year after a one-win season, they could be developing into the unlikeliest of conference contenders."

If there was no mention of FIU in this article, I thought I was reading about FAU (but last season's team write-ups).

They just might make it to the belt championship this year, but at least they have the facilities to play games at home. We're still anxiously waiting and hoping that the god-awful performances this year isn't totally undermining the financing end of the Innovation Village project.

Regardless of how good (or BAD) our team has been playing, I'm supporting the team, now matter how dejected I am from what I saw last week (and the week before that).

If this is the year that FIU goes to the N.O. Bowl, then they deserve to go because they're hungry to achieve that goal (just like FAU last year).

I hope FIU crashes and burns…Troy deserves the Belt this year. Stop kissing up to FIU people…just stop it.
Back to the top

Stop kissing up to Troy!

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

Speaking of FIU.....

SeminOWL2006 said

Stop kissing up to Troy!

Dude, it's about respect, FIU has never shown us any…and we have earned it.

-Go Owls!
Back to the top

I don't want either Troy or FIU to win the Belt …I don't want anyone besides FAU to win the Belt, but that is unlikely.   >:(

If I had to pick one of the two, I'd rather FIU win it then Troy just because that would really sting those arrogant Troy fans that the two newest SBC teams have beaten them out for the NO Bowl spot the past two years.  That said, I'm not a believer that FIU is good enough to contend yet.  They have three nice wins against bottom tier teams, but it will be interesting to see how they play against some more talented opponents.  
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I don't want either Troy or FIU to win the Belt …I don't want anyone besides FAU to win the Belt, but that is unlikely.   >:(

If I had to pick one of the two, I'd rather FIU win it then Troy just because that would really sting those arrogant Troy fans that the two newest SBC teams have beaten them out for the NO Bowl spot the past two years.  That said, I'm not a believer that FIU is good enough to contend yet.  They have three nice wins against bottom tier teams, but it will be interesting to see how they play against some more talented opponents.

Fine, then FIU will draw our recruits…they have the stadium, and the Sun Belt Champs…nice. No thanks, not me. Down with FIU…Forever.

Back to the top

They already have a laundry list of 2009 recruits lined up with verbals, and have a for a while... I dont think they are stealing anyone.

2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

prowler said

Dude, it's about respect, FIU has never shown us any…and we have earned it.

-Go Owls!

Question:

You cant objectively see that all that is happening here is folks are merely commenting on thier success as of late and not SIGNING PRAISES?

Just curious…….
Back to the top

What are you talking about stealing recruits???? We already have like 14 for the 2009 season, with a high probability of that number exploding due to us being in several guys' top/final 5.

Keep hating guys, I know we haven't done anything to warrant us getting respect from the defending SBC champions, but I think that fortunes are about to change in this rivalry. FIU is definitely on the up. And after this year, who knows we could be the ones talking about repeating as champions.
Back to the top

Ha, if you say you are going to repeat as champions you definitely won't…learn the lesson we are now learning.  If you win the Sun Belt, just hope that you can win it again, don't mention a BCS game, or beating any BCS teams, just hope to win it again.

Back to the top
Control functions: