Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Got an extra $10K? Get a luxury box.......

Add topic

"Luxury suites are available. The suites are equipped with 16 seats, nine fixed seats in front and seven stools in the back row. A sink and refrigerator are available as well as individual climate control and a wall-mounted flat-screen TV. Suites may be leased for one-year for $10,000, or for three-years for $25,000. For more information on luxury suites, please contact Terry Mohajir at 561-297-0131."

One would Hope that for that kind of change you get a "stocked" fridge and bar…….

Ticket Now on Sale
Back to the top

Re: Got an extra $10K? Get a luxury box.......

Florida_Owl said

"Luxury suites are available. The suites are equipped with 16 seats, nine fixed seats in front and seven stools in the back row. A sink and refrigerator are available as well as individual climate control and a wall-mounted flat-screen TV. Suites may be leased for one-year for $10,000, or for three-years for $25,000. For more information on luxury suites, please contact Terry Mohajir at 561-297-0131."

One would Hope that for that kind of change you get a "stocked" fridge and bar…….

Ticket Now on Sale

This is very cart before the horse…
Back to the top

owlcountry said

This is very cart before the horse…

How do you figure? FAU needs to come up with a price so they can advertise. SHOOT FOR THE STARS!

You think they should have started with a lower price? If so, then they would have had companies locked in for three years (for example, say at $15,000 for 3/yrs). What if the men's and/or women's basektball team went to the NCAA 64…and maybe even 32 or Sweet 16? Then FAU athletics would be kicking themselves, and fans would be yelling at the athletic department for not charging higher years earlier.

If they can get companies and/or benefactors to join the Director's Club in the Owl club for $12,500 and above, then $10,000 for season tickets for men's and women's basketball…and probably special events in the Burrow (not many take place in there…at least not yet)too, that price is a bargain!

Not that I have $10,000, but if I did, and I lived in Boca, I would purchase one.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Here's the problem:

Pro rated, Dolphin Stadium is cheaper for one of our FOOTBALL games…….
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

Here's the problem:

But it isn't for one game though, it is for the all basketball games(I'm guessing for all women's games as well).  Even if it is for just the men's games, that is $10,000 for 14 games or about $715 per game.  The suite seats 16 people, so it breaks out to about $45 per ticket and that is with food, so the price isn't that outrageous.  Factor in the 15 women's games and the price per game is even less.  Here's hoping they can sell them all.  That being said, I don't know if they can sell this given the economy, but if I'm a donor to the program and can afford it, the price isn't out of line.
Back to the top

Got an extra $10K? Get a luxury box.......

YES….ill take all 5 of them!  LOCK IT UP…….CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Florida_Owl said

Here's the problem:

But it isn't for one game though, it is for the all basketball games(I'm guessing for all women's games as well).  Even if it is for just the men's games, that is $10,000 for 14 games or about $715 per game.  The suite seats 16 people, so it breaks out to about $45 per ticket and that is with food, so the price isn't that outrageous.  Factor in the 15 women's games and the price per game is even less.  Here's hoping they can sell them all.  That being said, I don't know if they can sell this given the economy, but if I'm a donor to the program and can afford it, the price isn't out of line.

Sure, if you want to count exhibition games and the women's games…

But im just talking about men's basketball, regular season games and a game cost per game cost comparison…the Dolphin suite was the same price if you count the men's games only head to head and divide it out per person…but, it was fully catered (with servants) and had a hot buffet of wings, breast strips, pizza, pasta, alfredo…other appetizers…and it had a cold bar with dips, salads, veggie, etc…it also had a free beer and wine bar as well - not that i am a drinker, just talking about the set up/value comparison…Lastly, had about 5 TVs (didnt count, but they were plenty), and movie theater seating with a table top in front…

You'll have to show me that FAU will have that kind of spread for the same amount of money…because if you read the text, it only says a "A sink and refrigerator are available"…indicating you may use them if you care to?

hey, i think the suite idea is awesome, dont get me wrong here…i just think they need to take one step at a time, grow the offering, and that the price is high…thats all…

Btw, i did take a drop by after work yesterday and i dont know how some folks think this is not going to look good…they have a balcony going in now…its going to be nice…TOTALLY changes the "auora" and feel of the arena…

it trully looks like one now IMO… :)
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

fauowls44 said

Florida_Owl said

Here's the problem:

Sure, if you want to count exhibition games and the women's games…

But im just talking about men's basketball, regular season games and a game cost per game cost comparison…the Dolphin suite was the same price if you count the men's games only head to head and divide it out per person…but, it was fully catered (with servants) and had a hot buffet of wings, breast strips, pizza, pasta, alfredo…other appetizers…and it had a cold bar with dips, salads, veggie, etc…it also d a free beer and wine bar as well - not that i am a drinker, just talking about the set up/value comparison…Lastly, had about 5 TVs (didnt count, bu they were plenty), and movie theater seating with a table top in front…

You'll have to show me that FAU will have that kind of spread for the same amount of money…because if you read the text, it only says a "A sink and refrigerator are available"…indicating you may use them if you care to?

hey, im think the suite idea is awesome, dont get me worng here…i just think they need to take one step at a time, grow the offering, and that the price is high…thats all…

Btw, i did take a drop by after work yesterday and i dont know how some folks think this is not going to look good…they have a balcony going in now…its going to be nice…TOTALLY changes the "auora" and feel of the arena…

Good to know that the renovations are coming along.  I wonder if the athletic department will post some pictures of the progress for us?
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Good to know that the renovations are coming along.  I wonder if the athletic department will post some pictures of the progress for us?

i will be at practice Saturday…will post some shots afterwards…….
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

But im just talking about men's basketball, regular season games and a game cost per game cost comparison…the Dolphin suite was the same price if you count the men's games only head to head and divide it out per person…but, it was fully catered (with servants) and had a hot buffet of wings, breast strips, pizza, pasta, alfredo…other appetizers…and it had a cold bar with dips, salads, veggie, etc…it also had a free beer and wine bar as well - not that i am a drinker, just talking about the set up/value comparison…Lastly, had about 5 TVs (didnt count, but they were plenty), and movie theater seating with a table top in front…

hey, i think the suite idea is awesome, dont get me wrong here…i just think they need to take one step at a time, grow the offering, and that the price is high…thats all…

That's also the difference between football and basketball. While both are sports that produce revenue and donors, football produces larger amounts of revenues and typically bigger donors. Ya gotta do things one-notch higher in football. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, the catering in the boxes came with the boxes as a packaged deal. FAU either got all or nothing, and they had to get boxes.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top
Control functions: