Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The Red Blob

I just wanted to say that I think the red blob mascot is awesome, even though I am an owl fan.  The thing is hilarious.  Mascots are all about marketing, and there isn't a single mascot in the sunbelt that gets more attention then the red blob, love or hate him.  What we need is a big ass barn owl (I know we are burrowing owls, but barn owls are bigger and cooler)that swoops into the stadium before every game and hangs out on a perch throughout the game.  Then it needs to be trained to fly a lap around the stadium everytime we score.  That would be awesome, and that would get attention.
Back to the top

Re: The Red Blob

sirwgula said

I just wanted to say that I think the red blob mascot is awesome, even though I am an owl fan.  The thing is hilarious.  Mascots are all about marketing, and there isn't a single mascot in the sunbelt that gets more attention then the red blob, love or hate him.  What we need is a big ass barn owl (I know we are burrowing owls, but barn owls are bigger and cooler)that swoops into the stadium before every game and hangs out on a perch throughout the game.  Then it needs to be trained to fly a lap around the stadium everytime we score.  That would be awesome, and that would get attention.

If that were its excersize, it would be one fat owl this season.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

The Red Blob

sirwgula said

ive been saying we need to do this for ever its cool way to get the fans fired up before a game and we can have generations of owls like at UG with uga
Back to the top

Last season Ted Hutton tried to get Digger (the owl from his prediction posts) to a game and asked for some donations even $5 from everyone who read his blog to get Digger to a game but it was unsuccessful and fell just short. I asked him again if it was possible to do again for the home coming game

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Can owls be trained to do that like Hawks? I thought that was always the issue
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Cant we just use a hawk…does anyone really know the difference?

Back to the top

TeamBeer said

It is. Owls are notoriously untrainable. I just remember hearing something about the problems they had on the Harry Potter set trying to get those owls to do anything.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

TeamBeer said

It is. Owls are notoriously untrainable. I just remember hearing something about the problems they had on the Harry Potter set trying to get those owls to do anything.

I guess Owls are uncoachable…pun intended.

Back to the top

walty12 said

owlcountry said

TeamBeer said

I guess Owls are uncoachable…pun intended.

ha ha ha…
Back to the top

If the owl doesn't work, we could just create the blue blob. We would create a huge rivalry with Western Kentucky which would be referred to as the "Blob Bowl," and would gain attention throughout the nation!
Back to the top
Control functions: