Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Tailgate Overtime

Anyone ever watch it? It comes on Sunsports every monday. They talk about pretty much every team in Florida and in the beginning of the year, they talked about FAU alot, now they don't do it as much. Most of the time they are all over UF nuts, but sometimes they actually talk about our players and stuff. They had a question about who would go to a bowl game sooner, us or FIU, and one guy who knows about the sunbelt said it would be FIU, and he said that they would get picked up by the St Pete bowl. I thought that was interesting, but I guess the way its going now, why not, they have two conference wins, and we have two conference losses.
Back to the top

Re: Tailgate Overtime

if we win out we will have a real shot a the st.pete bowl
Back to the top

here goes my question!
If FAU and FIU have the same amount of wins, who goes to the St. Pete bowl?
Back to the top

I think it would depend on who has the head to head win, or maybe not, I'm not sure. But I think if we win out, we have a serious chance..at least I hope.
Back to the top

Tailgate Overtime

we beat a 1AA team by 4 and almost lost it a couple of times. there's a million things to worry about with this team, a bowl game isn't one of them.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

we beat a 1AA team by 4 and almost lost it a couple of times. there's a million things to worry about with this team, a bowl game isn't one of them.

they are not a I-AA team anymore… they are in their SECOND and FINAL season of reclassification into I-A… this is a team who hung with Virginia Tech, Ball State and Indiana… the only two I-AA teams on their schedule they MANHANDLED (murray state 50-9 and eastern kentucky 37-13)…

we were their first sun belt opponent this season… i GUARANTEE they will take one of their remaining 4 (north texas, troy, middle, fiu)

this is a good team who will compete for a belt title as soon as next year

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

Exit39 said

This just in:

That 1AA team lost to Va Tech by 13 at thier place.
Back to the top

owl09 said

Exit39 said

this is a good team who will compete for a belt title as soon as next year

1.  Careful, we saw where that kind of talk got us.  ;D.  Seriously though, they are tough.

2.  I am not expecting a bowl trip this year (even though no matter what I'm going to the St. Pete Bowl)

3.  I like tailgate overtime.  It does give us and FIU some good airtime.  Well,…. not so much us anymore, but it's better than nothing.  Of course their in love with the gators, but hey, they're the best team around, no denying that.  Mike Bianchi is annoying though, I really hate him, but the other guys seem to pick on him, so it's fun to watch.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

do you guys think there better than ULL?

In regards to Ball State, they haven't beaten anyone very impressive and VTech has been all over the map this year, getting killed then killing people. don't really know much about indiana.

i listened to the game and if it wasn't for that interception in the endzone there's a very good chance we could've lost. not outplayed but lost due to stupid penalties.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

not outplayed but lost due to stupid penalties.

and two TD pass drops - AGAIN.
Back to the top
Control functions: