Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU moving forward with stadium plans - "food is on the negotiating table"

Add topic

FAU moving forward with stadium plans - "food is on the negotiating table"

Pardon the pun in the title.

I'm glad to see that even though FAU doesn't have (at least they haven't announced it if they do) a concrete developer/finance, they are not wasting time with the other negotiations, contracts, Requests For Proposals (RFPs), etc. that are needed.

See Kimberly Miller's story here. Food in Stadium

They are also selling the right the Burrow, baseball, softball and soccer fields/stadiums.

I had an appreciation for the amount of time and planning universities had to go through to get anything done. But working for a university now, I can appreciate it even more.

Go Owls!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Re: FAU moving forward with stadium plans - "food is on the negotiating table"

should we sell Miller or Budwiser  :D
Back to the top

I am all for Budweiser.... Miller Lite is way too watered down.
Back to the top

The stadium charade continues:

FAU is working to complete the stadium by the 2010 football season; “However the project is contingent upon certain approvals and financial requirements, which may require a later opening.”
Back to the top

sirwgula said

I am all for Budweiser…. Miller Lite is way too watered down.

It's all about drinkability. ;D

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Lm77 said

The stadium charade continues:

FAU is working to complete the stadium by the 2010 football season; “However the project is contingent upon certain approvals and financial requirements, which may require a later opening.”

Here is what I need an answer to…..Michigan State will be down in South Florida September 2010, Lockhart will no longer be available and Pro Player is occupied by Miami….where do we plan on playing them? 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Boca High has a nice new stadium…lol      It would be funny if it wasn't so frickin sad >:(
Back to the top

walty12 said

Here is what I need an answer to…..Michigan State will be down in South Florida September 2010, Lockhart will no longer be available and Pro Player is occupied by Miami….where do we plan on playing them?

Ted Hutton reported a while back that Lockhart WILL be available. The Orioles have moved to Vero Beach.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

walty12 said

Ted Hutton reported a while back that Lockhart WILL be available. The Orioles have moved to Vero Beach.

Okay, than just a thought…not sure how I feel about it but how much $$$ would FAU have to drop to fix Lockhart into a 30,000 seat respectable stadium? 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

smittysahoot said

walty12 said

Okay, than just a thought…not sure how I feel about it but how much $$$ would FAU have to drop to fix Lockhart into a 30,000 seat respectable stadium?

Umm…Why?  If they are going to spend any money, it will be for our own stadium on OUR campus.  There would be no point in putting money into a building we do not own, 20 minutes from campus.
Back to the top
Control functions: