Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Penalties

Just because I cant stand to hear another thing about it:

Most penalized College Football Teams

2006- National Champion Florida Gators
2007- National Champion LSU Tigers

The whole the reason we are losing is penalties argument doesn't hold. 

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Re: Penalties

You have fallen off the wagon again!!!

FAU doesnt really have the talent that LSU and FLorida have buddy! They make the mistakes and bury them by scoring 60 pts a game. Penalties are a huge factor in our games because we cannot overcome them.

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

BocaCoop said

You have fallen off the wagon again!!!

FAU doesnt really have the talent that LSU and FLorida have buddy! They make the mistakes and bury them by scoring 60 pts a game. Penalties are a huge factor in our games because we cannot overcome them.

FAU doesn't play and beat teams with the talent those school do either.  To get back on the wagon, LSU beat 7 ranked teams last season while being the most penalized team in the Country.  Their talent is on par with the SEC as much as ours is with the SunBelt.

Back to the top

Penalties

Have you been watching the same Owls I have?

Why are you so angry?

We should change your name to "Salty"

HAHA!

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

BocaCoop said

Have you been watching the same Owls I have?

Why are you so angry?

HAHA!

I agree they are not playing up to par, but the reason is not penalties.  Its that we got our momentum taken from us and our pride smashed in along with enought frequent flyer miles to pay take care of flights for the nex five seasons.

Why cant you listen to logic?

We should change your name to BocaPoop

HAHA!

Back to the top

THANK YOU!  I posted this in another thread, but got no feedback.  The penalties only stand out when you are losing.  If we knock down the final pass in the MTSU game and the special teams don't turn the ball over twice inside our 20 yard line against Troy, we are 4-3 and not 2-5,  and nobody would be all bent out of shape over penalties.  Penalties are part of the game.  Good teams overcome them.

Don't get me wrong, the amount of penalties certainly aren't a good thing, but they are way down on the list of reasons we are where we are.  Turnovers(both on offense and special teams), dropped passes, bad luck(losing on a Hail Mary!?!  Come on!), and injuries are the main reasons we are 2-5 today.
Back to the top

Its not JUST penalties.

Its the TYPE of penalites.

WAY to many 15 yard personal foul ones, and WAY to many bone head  Delay of game and other stupid AVOIDABLE ones.

I agree penalties will happen, Holds, Procedurals, false starts. These happens. Just like in baseball, the reason there is an error column is on the scorebard is cause they happen.

PERSONAL FOUL's and Delay of Game penalites CAN be avoided and they have not been this year.

These have to be limited.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

walty12 said

BocaCoop said

HAHA!

Touche!

Build Tradition
Tell someone "GO OWLS!"
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Its not JUST penalties.

Its the TYPE of penalites.

WAY to many 15 yard personal foul ones, and WAY to many bone head  Delay of game and other stupid AVOIDABLE ones.

I agree penalties will happen, Holds, Procedurals, false starts. These happens. Just like in baseball, the reason there is an error column is on the scorebard is cause they happen.

PERSONAL FOUL's and Delay of Game penalites CAN be avoided and they have not been this year.

These have to be limited.

These penalties are a result of the frustration of losing, not the reason we are losing.

Back to the top

walty12 said

BocaCoop said

Why are you so angry?

HAHA!

Why cant you listen to logic?

HAHA!

:D
Back to the top