Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Troubles for Arkansas State

Lunchtime links: Trouble brewing at Arkansas State

October 23, 2008 3:05 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Graham Watson

There might be some NCAA trouble brewing at Arkansas State. According to the Jonesboro Sun, an internal investigation of the Arkansas State athletics program reveals that the school mistakenly certified 23 student-athletes as meeting academic certification under NCAA regulations, and that there has been a history of this happening.

Of the 23 athletes involved, 22 of them were certified to play this year. No names or genders were released.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: Troubles for Arkansas State

owlfan1 said

According to the Jonesboro Sun, an internal investigation of the Arkansas State athletics program reveals that the school mistakenly certified 23 student-athletes as meeting academic certification under NCAA regulations.

How do you "mistakenly" certify 23 student athletes? lol.. 2 or 3 yeah ok I can see that but 23 is no mistake

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Gurantee alot of them are football players.......
Back to the top

Jab979 said

owlfan1 said

According to the Jonesboro Sun, an internal investigation of the Arkansas State athletics program reveals that the school mistakenly certified 23 student-athletes as meeting academic certification under NCAA regulations.

How do you "mistakenly" certify 23 student athletes? lol.. 2 or 3 yeah ok I can see that but 23 is no mistake

FAU certified 13 in for the inaugural game. Not an easy mistake to make, but it can happen.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Troubles for Arkansas State

owlfan1 said

Jab979 said

owlfan1 said

FAU certified 13 in for the inaugural game. Not an easy mistake to make, but it can happen.

GO OWLS!!!

I thought that they did NOT ceritfy them, and that's why we lost…because they could not certify them to play in time??
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

owlfan1 said

Jab979 said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

I thought that they did NOT ceritfy them, and that's why we lost…because they could not certify them to play in time??

You might be correct. My memory of the situation is a little foggy. In any case certification mistakes should be pretty easy to avoid. Evidently they are not.

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

owlfan1 said

Jab979 said

owlfan1 said

GO OWLS!!!

That's what happened – somebody just dropped the ball and that players didn't get cleared.  It was 2001's equivalent of not packing enough footballs for the roadtrip.  I remember thinking "yep, that's FAU."
Back to the top
Control functions: