Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU still a "4th tier" university

Add topic

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/florida/sfl-flpusnews0822pnaug22,0,6757424.story

UF, UM and FSU only schools in Florida ranked in the top-half of the country

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

Re: FAU still a "4th tier" university

The story is incorrect.  New College is 1st tier too.

Everyone knows college is what you put into it and the rankings that really matter are those for your department or major.  By this I would think it would be a better idea to go to UF for Ocean Engineering than FAU by a longshot…I might think that but I would be dead wrong.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top

SeminOWL2006 said

The story is incorrect.  New College is 1st tier too.

Everyone knows college is what you put into it and the rankings that really matter are those for your department or major.  By this I would think it would be a better idea to go to UF for Ocean Engineering than FAU by a longshot…I might think that but I would be dead wrong.

Huh… Harvard is first this year. Usually it's Princeton, sometimes it's Yale.

Whatever.

Expect all the non-Big Three schools to be Tier 3 at best. It's going to take a looooooong time to get near being a Tier 1 university.
Back to the top

If you look at the whole tier 4 list, you will notice a few good well known schools like San Diego State, UNLV, Oral Roberts (that surprises me) UTEP, Indiana State (Larry Bird's alma mater). Unfortunately tier 4 is the quagmire of the least known national universities.

Best Colleges | College Rankings | US News Education

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

1 tier
UF #49 / UM #51 / FSU #102

3 tier
USF #170 / UCF #180

4 tier
FIU #227 / FAU #241

I would not mind to be a 3 tier school. We are very young. It takes time, but that does not mean FAU is a bad school. You get a decent education with good facilities.
I don't regret attending FAU.

GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

lol, great……just lovely, makes that piece of paper on the wall seem so much more valuable

J/k

we will be there in due time……more importantly

$mitty where do you come up with all these ranking on education, sexual health, and # of insects located in a sq foot of the university?
Back to the top

I have set up Google Alerts. Every time FAU is mentioned in an article and Google finds it, it automatically sends it to me within the hour.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

FAU still a "4th tier" university

AlexFAU06 said

1 tier

3 tier
USF #170 / UCF #180

4 tier
FIU #227 / FAU #241

I would not mind to be a 3 tier school. We are very young. It takes time, but that does not mean FAU is a bad school. You get a decent education with good facilities.

GO OWLS!!!

I dont even feel like looking at it but there is no way FSU and UM are 1st tier schools.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

AlexFAU06 said

1 tier

3 tier
USF #170 / UCF #180

4 tier
FIU #227 / FAU #241

GO OWLS!!!

I dont even feel like looking at it but there is no way FSU and UM are 1st tier schools.

I don't know about Florida State, but UM is definitely a Tier 1 university. Although I go to FIU and I'd like to see us as atleast tier 3, there's no denying UM's academic quality. They have a good med school (one of the best in the country) amongst other things. I don't want to sit here and praise the "U", because I support FIU, but I atleast have to acknowledge they are good.
Back to the top

fiu_panther said

walty12 said

AlexFAU06 said

1 tier

3 tier
USF #170 / UCF #180

4 tier
FIU #227 / FAU #241

GO OWLS!!!

I don't know about Florida State, but UM is definitely a Tier 1 university. Although I go to FIU and I'd like to see us as atleast tier 3, there's no denying UM's academic quality. They have a good med school (one of the best in the country) amongst other things. I don't want to sit here and praise the "U", because I support FIU, but I atleast have to acknowledge they are good.

Just an FYI, I know that I am getting old…but when I applied to schools in 2001 UM was a 3rd tier Undergrad University.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: