Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Jarvis responds to blog questions

Add topic

Don't think this was mentioned yet… Jarvis has posted his first set of responses to our questions.

Some key quotes:

"The players in my first recruiting class will play right away and my second recruiting class will play right away – anybody that we recruit should have the ability to play right away… Shavar Richardson is worth coming to see, he is a scoring machine. Out of New York, this kid is special trust me… If we can get the kids we are trying to bring in for next year’s class we will even be more excited than we are right now."

"The most pleasant surprise so far has been Sammy Hernandez… I look for Sammy to play at least 20 minutes a game and I think he will contribute."

More here: http://fausports.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/fau-jarvis-blog-response-1.html
Back to the top

Re: Jarvis responds to blog questions

owlcountry said

Don't think this was mentioned yet… Jarvis has posted his first set of responses to our questions.

Some key quotes:

"The players in my first recruiting class will play right away and my second recruiting class will play right away – anybody that we recruit should have the ability to play right away… Shavar Richardson is worth coming to see, he is a scoring machine. Out of New York, this kid is special trust me… If we can get the kids we are trying to bring in for next year’s class we will even be more excited than we are right now."

"The most pleasant surprise so far has been Sammy Hernandez… I look for Sammy to play at least 20 minutes a game and I think he will contribute."

More here: http://fausports.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/fau-jarvis-blog-response-1.html

Yeah! Thats huge! Sammy is a favorite of the Dirty Birds lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

owlcountry said

"Shavar Richardson is worth coming to see, he is a scoring machine. Out of New York, this kid is special trust me… If we can get the kids we are trying to bring in for next year’s class we will even be more excited than we are right now."

Ah yeah…….

Hoops is on the rise ;D

Between Tucker and Richardson, i think we will SNEAK UP on a few this year…….

The good thing is that we have DEPTH at scoring positions…

Is it nov 5th yet?? :D ;D
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

owlcountry said

"Shavar Richardson is worth coming to see, he is a scoring machine. Out of New York, this kid is special trust me… If we can get the kids we are trying to bring in for next year’s class we will even be more excited than we are right now."

Ah yeah…….

Hoops is on the rise ;D

Between Tucker and Richardson, i think we will SNEAK UP on a few this year…….

The good thing is that we have DEPTH at scoring positions…

Is it nov 5th yet?? :D ;D

The game against Lynn is in the Burrow, right?
Back to the top

Good posts…….

There is a definite tone of sincerity with MJ, that is not "wrapped in plastic" in comparison to DOH-erty, and "the other guy".

Back to the top

owlcountry said

The game against Lynn is in the Burrow, right?

Yep…….
Back to the top

Jarvis responds to blog questions

As one of the Dirty Birds I encourage all students to come out to this game. Even if it's exhibition it's going to be a lot of fun!

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Nice to read MJ's comments on incoming players and his tip of the hat to his senior class.  Since I am not a local and only get to the area sporadically, can anyone provide a sense of status of the 3 of 4 Sophomores in the middle (Hughley, Perkins, Royster)?

I have been high on Royster since the first time I saw him.  Sanchez had moments when his mind and his body were in synch last year.  Xavier was one dimensional and highly predictable on offense–has anyone noted improvement from these 3?  If MJ finds their game for them, we have a shot at being both good and good deep this year..

Back to the top

i bet sanchez and perkins don't see anytime this year. they haven't done anything in two years to show it. I believe sammy when i see it. royster is will continue to improve, he was only a freshman last year. I'm really looking forward to see if the guys coming in can play right away. graham, monroe and these new guys could make for an exciting team. still wish we had dago and jamal owens.
Back to the top

I'm interested to see what Perkins does. He was nothing special all season long, but then against ULAR in the last game, he was on fire. Maybe because we were losing and he wasn't afraid to drive, but he played really well that game and I believe led the team in scoring that game, I could be wrong though. But if he plays like he did in that game, he should see alot of playing time.
Back to the top
Control functions: