Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rivals reporting new commit

Add topic

Greg Gantt, a 6'2"/195# shooting guard from Gainesville.

This is probably was one of the guys that Jarvis was referring to in his blog post.

Jarvis certainly doesn't waste any time, does he? This season hasn't even started and he's already lining up guys.
Back to the top

Re: Rivals reporting new commit

Rivals is saying that he picked up 2 this weekend.  The other is Jordan McCoy, a 6'6" small forward from Orlando, but I don't see much info on him.  Another sleeper maybe?
Back to the top

these are kids that will come for the 09-10 season right
Back to the top

RhodeIslandOwl said

Rivals is saying that he picked up 2 this weekend.  The other is Jordan McCoy, a 6'6" small forward from Orlando, but I don't see much info on him.  Another sleeper maybe?

I posted on this in another thread, but both were in for a visit this past weekend…i wish we would have gotten the PG that was in to go with them…Hopefully that happens as well!

RhodeIslandOwl:

Jordan is definitely a sleeper…he played on a team that was loaded with D1 talent and has already had three players committ early - UAB, WKU, FIU…he also had an offer to Wofford, which is in the SoConn - and is four RPI spots HIGHER than the SBC in the rankings…

Gantt had a plethora of interest and was beginning to receive attention from high mid majors as well:

Coastal Carolina, Colorado State, Evansville, Florida Atlantic, Indiana State, Jacksonville, Liberty, Marshall, Nebraska, Penn State, UCF, Wichita State

Owlcountry40:

Yes, they are next seasons committs…

Good stuff! :)
Back to the top

Florida_Owl said

RhodeIslandOwl said

I posted on this in another thread, but both were in for a visit this past weekend…i wish we would have gotten the PG that was in to go with them…Hopefully that happens as well!

You asked for it F_O.. You got it!

Ray Taylor has committed as well at least according to rivals "Three official visitors and three commits for FAU basketball coach Mike Jarvis. It doesn't get much better than that."

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

Florida_Owl said

RhodeIslandOwl said

You asked for it F_O.. You got it!

Ray Taylor has committed as well at least according to rivals "Three official visitors and three commits for FAU basketball coach Mike Jarvis. It doesn't get much better than that."

Nice!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ray Taylor is ranked as high as 12th in his entire class STATEWIDE…
Back to the top

Rivals reporting new commit

Great news on the recruiting.  How many players do they plan to sign for next year?  These guys, plus the C that transferred in from Mercer make 4.  Still need another PF/C type since we lose Monroe next season.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

Great news on the recruiting.  How many players do they plan to sign for next year?  These guys, plus the C that transferred in from Mercer make 4.  Still need another PF/C type since we lose Monroe next season.

we have 12 on scholarship right now and will lose four…that leaves 2 spots to fill after these three…

and i agree that we need to look to size now…but, again, with what is on the team now, you can see that we are going to have two pure PG, and three pure 2G…FAU has NEVER had anything even remotely close to that…and in the SBC that is more than enough to win it all…

we can now be very choosey who we take…my vote:

6-8 265 LBS worth of skilled low post choosey :)

Back to the top
Control functions: